Unexpected Success

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Groovia

Unexpected Success

Post by Groovia » Wed May 30, 2007 4:04 pm

Hi there. I'm rather new and discovered this site last week. I've been following No S since May 20, and must admit that I had 4 S days this weekend, and was not expecting the 3 POUND DROP when I got on the scale this morning.

My S days seemed to be pretty tame-- some ice cream here, some pretzels there, a chocolate croissant on Sunday, etc... but I think my biggest issue is through the week when I'm working. I tend to graze all day on sugary crap; maybe the loss is from not snacking on sugar.

Anyway, who woulda thought?

So right now I am at work and just ate a frozen entree and some Cheetos. I *think* I'm still hungry (I have compulsive eating issues and am now learning to identify physiological hunger), but I don't know if getting something else will qualify as a "second."

florafloraflora

Post by florafloraflora » Wed May 30, 2007 4:32 pm

Groovia, that's fantastic! No-S has really helped me deal with the urge to snack at work. At first it was hard saying no to the 4 PM munchies, but now that time comes and goes and I hardly even notice it.

About your lunchtime dilemma right now, sometimes I find that I'm still hungry immediately after I finish a meal, but if I just give my food 20 minutes to settle, I feel satisfied.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed May 30, 2007 8:15 pm

Welcome and congratulations, Groovia!

Do be prepared for days and weeks when the scale won't be so cooperative... sustainable weight loss is a slow, bouncy business.

It's good to keep the focus on "days on habit" instead.

I just pushed out a tool to help people do this:

http://everydaysystems.com/habitcal/

Reinhard