CHEESE POPCORN

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Xtal

CHEESE POPCORN

Post by Xtal » Thu May 31, 2007 8:12 pm

Sitting at the receptionist's desk. Within my line of vision. Taunting me.

I don't have a problem with sweets, but I LOOVE salty snacks.

So far I've been good.

5:00 can't come soon enough.

Xtal

Post by Xtal » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:40 pm

Yay for me! I made it through the day yesterday without snacking. There was a HUGE bag of cheese popcorn sitting at the reception desk near me. Today, the evil, evil popcorn is gone.

Too solid flesh

CHEESE POPCORN

Post by Too solid flesh » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:31 pm

Well done, Xtal!

Is the bowls of sweets etc in offices an American thing? We don't go in for this in England, as far as I am aware.

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:20 pm

Yay, Xtal!

TSF - yup, candy is pervasive in a lot of offices. And a lot of people bring in leftover sweets (birthday cake and such) to share... An occupational hazard.

mimi

Post by mimi » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:50 am

Here's a story for you Xtal, KCCC, and too solid flesh! My son graduated from college and went to work in an professional environment. They too took turns bringing in M&M's and other goodies for everyone to share. He didn't have a weight problem (and still doesn't), but when he started work he didn't have a dental filling in his mouth...a year or so later after a routine check-up he discovered he needed to have SEVEN cavities drilled and filled! Needless to say, he no longer partakes in the sweets!
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

ThomsonsPier

Re: CHEESE POPCORN

Post by ThomsonsPier » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:17 pm

Too solid flesh wrote:Well done, Xtal!

Is the bowls of sweets etc in offices an American thing? We don't go in for this in England, as far as I am aware.
You're obviously working in the wrong office. or the right one, depending on your point of view. I've never worked anywhere where there hasn't been a semi-regular supply of worker-fodder and I live in Berkshire. I don't partake more than once a month, and usually less often than that.

As I type, my line manager has just returned from lunch bearing cookies. Luckily, the other folk hereabouts will swiftly remove them from my sight, four having been consumed since I started this paragraph.
ThomsonsPier

It's a trick. Get an axe.