HabitCal

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gratefuldeb67

HabitCal

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:10 pm

Wow that looks great Reinhard!!!
I am going to start using it this week!
Looking forward to reading up and catching up..
You are so smart!!!!!
This looks terrific and thank you for creating it!
(I promise not to sue you if you erase my calendar by accident! :wink: )
And hello all other lovely NoS wonderful people here!

Love,
8) Debs x
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:07 am

I'm glad you approve Deb!

You've been with us since yahoo group days, so you've got a deep experience of all the ways we've used to track progress so far. I'm very much looking forward to hearing what you think once you've used it a bit.

Reinhard

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:03 pm

I love the Habit Calendar too.

Now I can see why my weight is up....my June is awfully red....

Thanks Reinhard. (And congratulations to you and your wife on the new baby too!!!! I hope you get some sleep. )

Dru

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:14 pm

I'm glad you like it (and it seems to be catching on).

I got a bunch of good ideas for improvements from other users which I'll be pushing out soon, so don't be shy about making suggestions.

Reinhard

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:14 pm

Hi Rein and everyone here!
Hope this finds you all well..
I wanted to post this here instead of my daily checkin, because I feel it warrants a little more attention.

I'm very pleased to mention that since I started using the HabitCal, even with two failures last week, and one failure this week, it's been enough help to keep me on track and focused, enough to drop yet another three pounds in two weeks!

This is truly taking away all the "grey and mushiness" of simply *guessing* at whether I did or didn't follow the rules.. At the end of the day I look forward to posting my result to myself and it is indeed bolstering my willpower to keep me strict with the rules.
I'm very very happy about this!

Since recommitting to actively using the rules here, (I won't say recommitting to NoS, because I never really deviated away from it for any other plan, just got kind of inert last year and went a little bit unconscious-in the not-so-good way) I'm down eight pounds since about the middle of May!!!

This is a *perfect* tool for me right now.. I have no desire to track my daily activities on the checkin, unless they are really remarkable, but I did need to get back to being accountable to myself and feel the support of being part of the group, which as we probably all agree, is quite invaluable!

I'm gonna stick with only using it to track NoS for now, as I feel it will have an umbrella effect in, hopefully erradicating my own personal bad habits. It seems it has already done, on my old enemy night time eating. That big bad wolf of a habit started weaseling its way back past the sleeping guards. You and maybe some of the other older members of this group, might remember that this was a doozie for me to cope with from the get go and has always been my personal habit nemesis! But the HabitCal is directly impacting it. Like the part in your NoS home where you address "what about fat?" and the "No Snacks" rule encompasses the worst of those, and deals with it. Well seems HabitCal is keeping the wolf at bay. :twisted:

Yo Reinhard!!!! I am (*still*) so grateful for having found you and NoS! When I think of the sea of lost travellers on the road of dieting madness, being led by charlatans dispensing with miracle cures and false hope, I realise how truly blessed I was to find your little google ad that day in August 2004!
Wow, am I ever recommitted, and how!!

Thanks for HabitCal Rein, oh benevolent and kind one!
You are a real guru as you are helping us all find our own personal truth on the road of diet "during".

What next???
Mmmm.. maybe I'll get to Personal Mount Olympus at some point, when I see I'm really in the habit groove, but this is fine for now. I'm building momentum up for that too!

Have a great weekend NoS compadres!!
Viva la Revolucion!!! :wink:
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:39 pm

Deb, I'm so happy to hear this. Congratulations on your last string of successes!

I think what's neat about the HabitCal is that it appeals to both "left brain" and "right brain." It's quantitative, but it's pretty. It's precise, but tolerant. I'm very, very happy you're finding it useful.

Best to you and Ritchie,

Reinhard

sunnyday

Post by sunnyday » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:28 am

Well said Deb. I'm recommitting too and the HabitCal is a great motivator.
Thanks Reinhard.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:28 am

Ah! Thank you Reinhard and Sunnyday!
Have a great weekend :)
Here's to green and yellow boxes a plenty!
Love,
8) Debs x

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:19 pm

This is working guys! :mrgreen:
Amazing!!
I dropped some more weight this week.
No night time raiding the fridge.
HabitCal is my friend :wink:
A wonderful aid in the cultivation of self love!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:40 pm

Congratulations, Deb! I'm so glad the habitcal is working for you. I know what a hard time you've been having with night time fridge raiding, and what a big deal this is.

I feel like the habitcal was the one thing missing from no-s. Without it, the clarity of nos can descend into harshness. If anything, the habitcal enhances the clarity, while transfiguring the harshness into something gently encouraging. I think the fact that it's colors instead of words helps. It's clear without being judgemental. You know what red means but it doesn't sting like "failure" (or sound wishy-washy like a euphemism).

Reinhard

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:01 am

That is all very true Reinhard!
Well said!
Hope all the little (and big) Engels are well these days, and hopefully getting some sleep through the night :wink:
Love,
8) Debs

stevecooper

Post by stevecooper » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:39 am

reinhard wrote:I feel like the habitcal was the one thing missing from no-s.
Certainly was for me. Showed me the number of failures I was getting (high) and now with a run of greens behind me, I don't want to break the winning streak.

There's a gaming element here; 'how many can you get in a row?'