Seasons and Serenity

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mondurvic

Seasons and Serenity

Post by mondurvic » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:53 am

That will be the name of my new check-in, to start today. "Seasons" because today is the first day of summer, and I plan to weigh myself only four times a year, the first days of of summer, fall, winter and spring.

"Serenity" is because that is the chief thing I am seeking, after a tense lifetime on a diet (to no avail - I somehow still manage to weigh 243 pounds).

Anyone interested can find me at the Daily Check-in site or at HabitCal, which is an idea I love. I'll also be around here plenty, I'm sure, with my endless questions and need for support.

Today - so far, so good. Woke up at 11:30 am, therefore so far have eaten only two meals. My head seems to be in a good place.

Judy

overly beige

Post by overly beige » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:50 am

Hi Judy,
I am glad to see that you started back on nos. As I was getting myself psyched up to start nos (again, I started it a while back and lasted about a week and a half) I read a lot of the old posts including many of yours and was wondering about how you are doing. I do not have as long of a history with diets as you do but can really identify with the lure that competing diets/philosophies have. I have often changed my mind more than once in one day about what diet I should be following. For example starting out the day McDougalling, then going to calorie counting, then deciding I should eat what, when and how ever much I want as long as I eat every bite mindfully.
I really feel that this, nos, more than anything else I have seen has the power to change my relationship to food.
overly beige
The over examined life ain't that great either.
Anonymous