Need clarification re S days

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mondurvic

Need clarification re S days

Post by mondurvic » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:16 am

Are we supposed to stick to our 3-meal routine, only now we can also have seconds, sweets or snacks, or are S-days "anything goes", with meals not a required - or recommended - part?

Judy

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:11 pm

The only "rule" is "don't be an idiot." ;) Re-read the No-S page and that will help.

For me.... When I'm doing well, I plan a super-special treat for myself and enjoy every bite. Essentially meals with some wonderful "S's" thrown in.

When I'm doing less well, I fall back into my old eating-mindlessly-and-constantly pit on S-days. You know what? It feels yucky and unsatisfying.

Either way is learning. Either I'm building the habit, or remembering why it would be a good idea.

Other people have reported that their S-days change over time. Go with the flow and focus on N-days. (Having been recently reminded of that wisdom myself...)

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:16 pm

I have been here over two years. I have to admit that I am slow on the uptake at times.

Lately, one word has jumped out at me regarding S days: SOMETIMES.

What a concept! I am not required to eat sweets on Saturday or Sunday. Just sometimes.

There are times when I don't feel deprived and miserable when I can almost foget S treats. Emphasis on the word almost.

I am like KCCC. Sometimes I go crazy on S days and sometimes I don't really care.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:10 pm

The ideal S day is three meals plus a special treat. But you're allowed to do whatever you want (except feel guilty). Make the special treat really special and I don't think you'll have too many problems with the rest.

Reihard