today is so hard

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Betty

today is so hard

Post by Betty » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:35 pm

I notice that I have some days that are easyish, and some days that are hard. Today it's been a real struggle not to cave and eat mindlessly, snackingly. Aargh!

What do you do when you feel like eSing? so far today I've made it on pure will power, but too many of these days in a row would end with me cracking, I think.

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:23 pm

Hi Betty.

How long have you been forming this habit? If it is new, you just have to push through the discomfort.

But, otherwise, why not try doing something with your hands: write a letter, knit, organize a drawer or go for a walk? I just try to keep my mind off of the sweets. Saturday is just around the corner. I also have been looking at my habit calendar. Looking at all the green these past few weeks has motivated me. I want my July to be as green as Ireland...

Charis

Post by Charis » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:57 pm

I have only been nosing for 6 weeks and some days are still very hard like last night. Some ideas of what I have tried are making sure that the meals I eat or appealing to me. Sometimes that means lunch will include a nice bowl of berries or a handful of potato chips to round out my plate. If I feel like I haven't been deprived then I am better able to deal with the harder times later.

Also try to have a glass of water and then walk out of the kitchen and commit to doing something for the next 10 minutes. Often the crisis will be over and then you can more easily wait until the next meal. If it is really bad in the evening sometimes I will turn in a little early.

Other times I just have to gut it out while telling myself that I will be glad I waited when I have to post the next day and maybe those hunger pains are taking a little fat off of my body and I will be rewarded at the scale at a future point.

Hang in there!

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:03 am

Get plenty of sleep. It helps unbelievably, not only with appetite control, but general productivity and resilience.
Chance favors the prepared. - Louis Pasteur