Counter-intuitive...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

kccc

Counter-intuitive...

Post by kccc » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:59 pm

It still seems counterintuitive to me that...

...the best way for me to get back in control is to relax.
...if I pay more attention to cooking/eating really good food, I eat less and enjoy it more
...that when I'm overwhelmed, the best thing I can do is SLOW DOWN.
...that I always, always do better when I tell myself what TO do rather than what NOT to do.
...that a REALLY indulgent treat on S-days actually makes them LESS crazy.

But it's all true. At least for me - your mileage may vary.

stevecooper

Post by stevecooper » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:22 pm

The more you know, the fatter you get.

Well, not quite, but close; the more brainwork goes into your diet, the more likely you are to get brain overload, give up, and get yourself an IV drip of warm sausage lard.

The fun of no-S is that it doesn't allow you to build an over-complicated system, so your brain never fries.

70% right forever beats beats 100% right for two weeks.

A simple system that is right most of the time is much better than a complicated system that is right all of the time. Accept a little badness into your system (s-days, big plates) and you're on your way to establishing something you can do forever.

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:48 am

KCCC_*LOVE* your list!! All so true, for me as well...

And stevecooper- :lol: ROFLOL -too funny about the sausage drip IV :P I agree-70% forever beats the heck out of the alternative :shock: (and I know I couldn't do 2 weeks perfect anyway!! lol)

Thanks for the smile!
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:18 pm

Steve, I really, really like your 70% rule. (Except I make it 80%, b/c it fits better with some similar principles on optimal effort. Or because I'm still a bit compulsive. Or both. ') )

A similar idea I just ran across is a "zone of reason" - which I'll post on separately, b/c it's not exactly counter-intuitive.