I Need Your Help Guys!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mimi

I Need Your Help Guys!

Post by mimi » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:46 am

Well, I've been back from vacation for a week now. The vacation to the West Coast was glorious - visited 4 national parks, the beautiful cities of Seattle and San Francisco, did lots of hiking, saw lots of ocean and beautiful scenery, and did not follow No S one single bit. I tried at first, but it was pretty much impossible because we crammed so much into the two weeks - eating schedules were crazy to say the least. Anyway, I vowed to weigh when I returned (a gain of 4 pounds, by the way) and get right back to No Essing. Well, I haven't been able to do it. I have decided that today is the day to begin again, and I'll help that out by getting back on the message board and asking for some encouragement from my No Es friends. I really need your help. Thanks guys! By the way, at least my daughter did not have the baby while I was so far away from home! We're still waiting - Saturday is her actual due date! I'll keep you posted!
Mimi

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:47 pm

Ya, babies!

Where do you find you hang up worst when it comes to sticking with it?

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:38 pm

Where is the biggest issue for you?

Maybe you need to ease back in - start with no snacks, then add each habit as that becomes more solid.

Remember to make your meals satisfying.

If you haven't tried HabitCal, that may help.

Good luck!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:24 pm

Good luck Mimi!! You know you want to do this and can! Set up a HabitCal for NoS and just give it your best effort!
You'll lose those four pounds don't worry. Those are temporary.
Peace and Love,
8) Debs x
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:48 am

Sounds like a nice vacation!

YOu can doooo itttt!! :)

And I tell myself the same thing after a few rough weeks and virtually all red days :( But I'm tryin'

:)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

want2bhealthy

Post by want2bhealthy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:47 am

hi, i too am trying to get back on track. we can do this, we have to do this!! we know this is the only plan that will work in the long run. i am learning that the hard way, but i will not give up and i dont want you to either. lets both try to have a very successful first day back on plan tomorrow. i am actually looking forward to the structure of it and being in control of my eating again. lets do it!!!
man, i have tried EVERYTHING else, this has to be my last stop.
starting fresh july 1-09
wt 207

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:34 pm

Welcome back, Mimi. It's no wonder you were thrown a bit with everything that's going on. Don't blame yourself if it takes a few days to get back into the groove.

I think a good way to get back into it (if you haven't already) is to make it the top priority for one day. Once you get one good day under your belt, you'll be fired up again and the next will seem easier. Run into trouble? Make it the top priority for one day again. More trouble? Repeat. Eventually it'll take.

Having trouble taking your top priority seriously? Write it down. Write it on an index card or piece of paper and carry it around with you in your wallet.

Best wishes to you and your (expanding!) family,

Reinhard

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:16 pm

Welcome back!

If you want to be all highschoolerish you could even write "No-S" on your hand. And whenever you see that hand reaching for something you will also see a reminder of what you're trying to do.

And brush your teeth! It gets the food taste out and makes everything all fresh and clean. Then you might reconsider on the grounds of not wanting to spoil the clean feeling.
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett

mimi

Post by mimi » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:22 am

You guys are great and I love you all! Thank you so much for your support. I had a very successful day on Wednesday and then on Thursday things got kind of crazy. Our beautiful new little baby granddaughter came into the world at 12:55 p.m. on Thurday weighing in at 7 lbs. 12 oz, and 19 3/4" long. Her name is Makayla Rose and she's a beauty! Of course I'm not the least bit prejudiced! So, all things aside, I had some sweets Thursday and today, but overall did pretty well. I'll be making No S my top priority again tomorrow, Reinhard. Your advice makes so much sense, and so does No S. I'll be staying with my daughter and her husband and helping them out through next Wednesday and then back to school on Thursday - doesn't seem possible that summer can be over! Our kids start back on the 23rd. Maybe I'll get a chance to log on using my daughter's computer - we'll see. If not, I'll be back on Thursday! Thank you all again - I mean that!
And yes, want2behealthy and shammrockmommy, we CAN do this and we will!
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!