News flash: FDA Approves Seconds

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

reinhard
Site Admin

News flash: FDA Approves Seconds

Post by reinhard » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:23 pm

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/fd ... es_seconds

Note that there are some significant caveats:
"Seconds may not be suitable for everyone," von Eschenbach said. "Especially those who suffer from heart disease, those at risk for diabetes, people trying to lose weight, and women."

florafloraflora

Post by florafloraflora » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:15 pm

I love the part about the benefit luncheon at the Clean Plate Club. I never realized that was located so near me here in Washington. I think I know which malign influence to blame now for my trouble sticking to No-S.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:21 pm

I'm speechless.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Charis

Post by Charis » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:45 am

What a great article. The Onion has some funny stuff. Of course this paragraph hit a little too close to home for me:

"Other nutritionists suggest that the need for seconds could be eliminated by an initial very large, or "heaping," helping.

'Larger portions could entirely eliminate the need to reach over, pass dishes, or get out of a chair," said clinical nutritionist Gary Bergen of Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, who estimates that millions of calories and thousands of hours of eating time are wasted annually by making unnecessary second-serving trips.'"

Thanks for the laughs. I also liked the comment about having eyes too small for your stomach. I wish! It has been awhile since I have looked at an edition of the Onion. The paper was started in my area, before they moved to New York I think.