Kick starting

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ou812

Kick starting

Post by ou812 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:24 pm

I have become busier and for some reason I have slipped back into some of my old eating patterns. Now I don't just go crazy, but a little here and a little there and I feel the walls are beginning to crumble. Any tips on getting back into NO S? I probably need to use the habit cal of something like it. That would be a good start.

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:49 am

Sounds like you answered your own question. :) And very wisely.

Identify the problem and pay attention long enough to re-establish habit.

silver

been there

Post by silver » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:22 pm

same thing happened to me. i started in june. started failing after having an accident and injuring my knee badly. i couln'd go jogging anymore. i love jogging so i got depressed. by the beginning of october it was really bad. not as bad as ever before but it certainly didn't look like no diet. i started using habitcal 10days ago. so far, no failure on the diet department. but just before i failed every single day. nothing big, though. little bit of this, little bit o that. somehow it's easier now. no problem, so far. maybe because it's just 10 days? dunno. i just know that 10 days like this are better than nothing. and i got some exercises that i can do. this got me started again. by january i should be running again. so i wish you and me :) all the best and don't give up.

roseha

Post by roseha » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:06 am

Yes good luck, I am having the same problem. I stuck to NoS totally for all of June and when I didn't lose any weight I "kind of" went off it. I wasn't terrible but I didn't stick to it all the time either. and since I work from 2pm to 10pm it was too easy to eat a lot of takeout...so even without a lot of sweets or snacks I gained 5 more pounds.

So that's it, I got a little tougher and I got on the habit cal again as of yesterday. I hope this works. Good luck, ou812, and silver.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:57 am

This is just my two cents worth, but I think part of the problem might be looking at No-S as a "diet" (in terms of program to lose weight) rather than a "diet" that is a way to eat or to approach food and eating for life.

The other thing that for me is problematic is looking at your days as successes or failures. Perhaps looking at the No-S guidelines as goals that you either met or didn't meet for that day would be better. Not meeting a goal isn't a failure -- it's simply not meeting that goal for that day.

Just do your best. Doing your best doesn't mean being perfect. It means doing the best you can on that day and it will vary from day to day.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

silver

Post by silver » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:09 pm

wosnes wrote:This is just my two cents worth, but I think part of the problem might be looking at No-S as a "diet" (in terms of program to lose weight) rather than a "diet" that is a way to eat or to approach food and eating for life.

The other thing that for me is problematic is looking at your days as successes or failures. Perhaps looking at the No-S guidelines as goals that you either met or didn't meet for that day would be better. Not meeting a goal isn't a failure -- it's simply not meeting that goal for that day.

i don't think that's the problem with me. for me, no s diet has got it's name because it's got to be called something. it can't be just "no s". that would be difficult to figure out for people who don't know it and are just scanning some websites. besides, any healthy eating is called " a diet". or any kind of eating for that matter

the same thing goes for failures. it's just a name for me. i don't take words so seriously. i just don't have another one word expression for not-meeting-a-goal. there might be one somewhere, but why bother looking for it? for me failure isn't a tragedy even if it means what it is supposed to mean anyway.

i think it's about addiction to food. as an ex-smoker of eleven years i think i know an addiction when i see one. and any addiction is hard to beat. no matter what names you give to anything