ok, back for the umpteenth time!! **dodges tomatoes**

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

doulachic

ok, back for the umpteenth time!! **dodges tomatoes**

Post by doulachic » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:08 pm

i hope we still have free do-overs here! :lol: so, my sugar addiction is still quite severe and after having taken a break from all forms of dieting, i have decided that i at least need to get the sugar thing under control. i have also noticed my snacking has been increasing.

so here i am again in hopes that i can break myself of the sugary stuff, as well as trying to curb the snacking; if i must have a snack, then i will try to at least make it something healthy like an apple instead of a full meal. :roll:

Hope you are all doing well, and Reinhard i am looking forward to your book this spring! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:16 am

Welcome back! Of course we still have free do-overs! That's why we are here. Support, support, support!
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett

kccc

Post by kccc » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:47 pm

Welcome!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:51 am

Hi Trisha (throws tomato!!!) How are ya?? (throws more tomatos!!!)
hahaha.
You don't deserve this tomato slinging. :P
I was just funnin ya..

It's no crime to relapse!
I did it and I'm still struggling to get back on course, but with the right mindset, anything is doable!!

Love to you and your family :)
8) Debs x
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:29 am

That's ok, Deb...I'll just make salad! heehee....Seriously, it's good to see you are still around! i checked out your myspace and it's cool...you should add me as a friend! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:56 pm

doulachic,

Welcome back!

I love it when people return after going silent -- especially avid, interesting posters like you. And it's a great compliment, actually, if people find the system sufficiently attractive even after going completely off track for a while to give it another try. Please don't feel there are any tomatoes to dodge. It's not like I'm offering some quick-fix miracle cure that will be exposed as a fraud if people run into trouble, or that you are somehow morally deficient for not being able to pull it off in one (or umpteen) goes. Turning new behaviors into habits, even habit-friendly behaviors like no-s, can be, very, very hard. Failures and false starts should be expected. Come back again and again if you have more trouble (though, fingers crossed, it'll really take this time).

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -- Winston Churchill

Reinhard

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:11 am

Thanks all!

well, Thanksgiving threw me a bit, but i'm planning to get back on it tomorrow....i know it's an S day, but i've had enough sugar and extra food. i'm actually looking forward to downsizing it a bit.

hope you all have a great weekend! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

JustAnnie

Post by JustAnnie » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:07 am

I've been away from the board too but felt the need to return. I need a little structure back into my eating habits and this works for me!
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:48 am

Welcome back, Annie!

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:53 pm

I am another lost sheep coming back into the fold. I'd become rather lax in following the noS plan and want to get back on track ;)
When I asked for all things, so that I may enjoy Life, I was given Life, so that I may enjoy all things.

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:20 am

me too!

I haven't really left, but I was definitely slacking off. I am going back to checking in daily. It really helps me to keep on habit! I wish I could figure out how to get the Habitcal to work for me, what a great tool that is! I'll have to see if I can get my Personal Computer Expert (ie, dear Hubby!) to help me with that.

I wish everyone renewed determination and success!
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:41 pm

Hi...

I'm back, too.

I've uh... well, I've gained a lot of weight, but I'm sorry to say that it's more from not using a glass ceiling rather than overeating calories. (You have too much to drink, your judgement is shot, you eat too much, you feel bad in the morning, and blah blah blah).

Yes, I know that's serious. If I cannot go a perfect month on the glass ceiling , yes, I need other, professional help and need it badly. I'm dianetically clear on that! (Anyone who wants to look at my habitcal and poke me about it would be doing me a great service).

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:19 am

Glad to see you here, Noel. Welcome back.

Hope that you are able to regain control, either here or with additional help.

Recognizing that a change is needed is the first step.