I'm hungry

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

thtrchic

I'm hungry

Post by thtrchic » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:23 am

This is the first time in a long time that after a "successful" day I've been left hungry. I'm trying to drink water and try not to think about it. I did eat a good deal today, but I think it was a little low on the protein. Plus I did a little exercise, which I haven't been doing any of recently.

Given that I'm clearly not starving or anything like that, I should just try and ignore it and make it through the night, right?

Julie

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:29 am

Yup.

Or have a glass of milk. :)

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:39 am

Thanks! I think that's just the thing I needed to hear. :)

Water, water, and more water is my mantra for tonight.

Julie

JWL

Post by JWL » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:21 pm

I just put this in another thread, but is' very apt here.

I wrote about this a couple years ago on this forum.... my favorite "Jedi mind trick" when you feel hungry.

If you are feeling the sensation of hunger in your body, it means that your body needs energy. If you don't eat, then the only place your body can get the energy it needs is to... TAKE IT FROM YOUR STORED FAT.

So the Jedi Mind Trick is to re-program your thinking about feeling hungry; rather than being an unpleasant sensation, force yourself to think of it as "this sensation means my body is burning fat." It's surprisingly effective as a tool.... especially in the short term when you know your next meal is only a few hours away.

That said, lots of water is good, too. Maybe try making some warm broth? Tea?
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:47 am

That's an excellent suggestion -- I like the idea of thinking that way!

Thanks.

Slenderin

Post by Slenderin » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:31 am

My body is burning fat right now! :lol:
There is someone slender inside this body.

JustAnnie

Post by JustAnnie » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:04 am

I can deal with the hunger when I'm going about my day, but it's much tougher at night when I'm trying to go to sleep. A little milk sometimes helps then, other times I just can't deal with it and have to eat something small or I just can't sleep. :(
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying