41 days; 19.5 pounds

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

senanbar

41 days; 19.5 pounds

Post by senanbar » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:47 pm

Hi all!

I just wanted to check in and say this plan really works if you work it. I began on October 15 at 247 pounds and I weighed in on Friday morning to a loss of 19+ pounds, an average of .5 pounds per day. :shock:

I went from being a binge eater with occasional purges via laxatives and vomiting to following No S [with some modifications as to not trigger the above] and I've never been happier, I am riding the pink cloud. *grin*

This week my goal is to being some exercise, mainly the Urban Ranger walks and then see what else I move into. I still have 80 pounds that I like to release so exercise is going to be necessary, and I tend to feel so much better when I am doing a little something each day.

I wish everyone the best, have a great end-of-the-weekend.

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:47 pm

wow! That is amazing! congrats. that is quite an accomplishment. :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:09 pm

Senanbar,

Congratulations! That really is impressive. Thank you for letting us know.

I'd love to hear about your slight modifications, too, if you don't mind revealing them. They might be helpful to others, too.

Reinhard

P.S. I hope you're making sure (given previous problems) to get enough food... half a pound a day is a pretty rapid decline.... It sounds like you are, but can't hurt to check.

senanbar

Post by senanbar » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:25 pm

No problem, Reinhard. I am getting enough food, 1400 to 2000+ Kcal per day; a lot of this is excess weight I gained very quickly when I moved to my new state so I think the body wants to let go of it just as quickly.

My only modifications are: I stick with the no snack and no seconds rule EVERYday and that's because I am prone to bingeing that start with seconds and grazing.... and I can eat sugar but I have to eat it with a meal (protein to balance it all out) and not as a snack (the only kind of snack I know :roll: ) so no snacks either. Three meals a day, often large, and I do recreational sugar on S days with meals.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:07 pm

That's a very sensible modification, really just a tightening up of the definition of "sometimes." "Sweets" are the s we really miss, after all, the only essential reward (though for really festive meals, seconds are nice, too). Snacks I think at this point I could really do without forever without any downside in terms of pleasure.

Reinhard

Posh

Post by Posh » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:08 pm

Hello Senanbar, I just wanted to say that what you're doing is what I've recently discovered myself. I actually visualize. I will eat three meals on the weekends filling my plate, but if I want a sweet I make sure it fits somewhere on my plate. And as someone else said earlier...if I'm going to eat something sweet, it's gunna count. So I pick out something ahead of time that's really delicious and decadent. This way I'm not tempted to keep going all day as I have when first starting this program. For me the structure just works better. I have a really hard time getting back into it by Monday if I just fly by the seat of my pants (as it were) on weekends.
But yet, I can still have everything I want.
Does this make sense?

senanbar

Post by senanbar » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:38 pm

Hey Posh, that makes sense to me. I also eat decadent sugar on the weekends, a thick slice of cake from the bakery or really rich ice cream - it's stuff that I would have considered too "caloric" before even though I was eating three BOXES of 100-calorie pack Oreos. :roll: For me it's just been an overall improvement of food - and I LOVE food - with some structure. I've not felt this free in forever and to be losing weight - it's gravy.
43 days of Habit!
247.8/228.4/150