Thanks For Letting Me Be "Normal"!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

JustAnnie

Thanks For Letting Me Be "Normal"!

Post by JustAnnie » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:02 pm

This system does more than make me lose a little weight and it does more than steer me to make mostly healthy choices, it makes me feel NORMAL. What do I mean by that? It makes me feel like I can sit down with family and friends, still be in control and not have to eat rabbit food or count every calorie that goes into my mouth. I just feel..........normal. And I can keep this up over the holidays! I can be a normal, not finicky dieter, not gluttonous individual. And it makes me feel GOOD about myself. Does anyone else understand what I'm trying to say?
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying

kccc

Post by kccc » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:17 pm

Absolutely!

I've written before about how I maintained a normal weight, but through an "armed truce with food." I was always checking the scale and counting calories. When I ate sweets or high-calorie food, I never really enjoyed it b/c I felt I was "bad" for eating it.

Now, that obsessional behavior is gone. And treats taste so much better without the side order of guilt!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:50 pm

I do understand -- and you are very welcome! I feel the same way myself.

An amusing side note about the history of the term "normalcy" (which works much better for diet than for politics, I think):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normalcy

Reinhard