Yay me!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Hunter Gatherer

Yay me!

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:54 am

So I was stuck for a long time just above a nice round number (about 30 pounds lower than my starting weight). I recently hopped on the scale and found that I was five pounds below my nice round number and can now start lusting after the next nice round number.

Thank you Reinhard! After almost 2 years I am down 35ish pounds, look and feel much better, etc.

Of course I can also thank my newly stressful job (yay?) for helping shed the pounds by making breakfast and lunch necessarily fast. I am now eating like those old slim-fast ads "A shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch, and a sensible dinner." Except that for me it's "A piece of fruit (or applesauce cup) for breakfast, a quesadilla and an applesauce cup for lunch, and a sensible dinner."

Kind of boring twice a day, and good stuff when I can actually enjoy it. I use the "no sugar added" applesauce and the other "no sugar added" flavors. I like the mango one. New flavors of applesauce are cool! Yay innovation! Sugared applesauce is redundant. Apples are sweet anyway! That's why they add apple juice to other juices, it's cheap and sweet.
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:11 am

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats awesome!!!!!!
I'm thrilled for ya HG ;)
Love,
8) Debs x
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:36 pm

Congratulations! Both on weight and duration -- with diet, duration is usually the harder part.

And thanks for sharing. These are impressive numbers. I'll have to update the "testimonials" page....

Reinhard

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:00 am

Awesome job!!!!!! :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:16 am

Thanks guys!

I also owe it to all the awsome posters who helped encourage me when I was just getting started (and continually to this day). This board is a great resource for that. I don't check in as much anymore but still I feel supported and loved. When I do check in I try to encourage other people the way I was encouraged and pass the love along.
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett