Hello all...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Drgnfly423

Hello all...

Post by Drgnfly423 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:42 am

I heard about the No S diet on another forum and had to check it out. I read the whole homepage yesterday and I'm a convert. Today is my first day. It was a success. Just say NO to snacking. That will be my biggest challenge. I work in an office and this month is the worst for food gifts from vendors.

Since today was so easy I'm looking forward to tomorrow!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:12 pm

Welcome, Dragonfly! December is the perfect month to begin your No-S adventure. Best wishes for success!

apple

Post by apple » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:18 pm

Hi, and welcome. I just started as well. Good luck!

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:49 am

Welcome and good luck!

You will love the freedom you feel while still developing habits!
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:40 pm

I too work in an office full of Christmas treats. I treat them as meals. I eat one plate of treats for breakfast and one plate of treats for lunch. If they are appetizers, I still use one plate. I just stay away from the sweets and soda/punch.
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

Drgnfly423

Post by Drgnfly423 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:17 am

Thanks for the welcome! I had great success this Th and Fr. It felt good! I love updating the calender with "Success!" This weekend was exempt for me. Today was my Sisters b-day and I made the cake! Tomorrow I'm attending a cookie exchange...that will be more challenging. I know I can do it!

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:01 pm

Welcome - you're gonna love NoS! I work in a school and my students bring in all kinds of homemade goodies for me. Other teachers keep the teachers' lounges well stocked with goodies. It's just a difficult time of year no matter where you work (or don't!) Remember, the weekends and the special days make this doable!
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!