Success story

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

acs

Success story

Post by acs » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:55 am

I'd like to report on my experiences with No-S.

I found this diet two years ago, and made several abortive attempts to start it. I guess the timing wasn't right, but I simply couldn't stop snacking.
A little background: Snacking is my problem. I already take small portions at meals, and sweets aren't a problem for me. I did tend to graze all day on salty snacks (chips, crackers, whatever) and drank upwards of 10 cans of diet pepsi a day. Sloth is also a problem, I've never been an active person. I weighed 240lbs, on a 5'8" frame.

So, the last week of July, I had a huge upset in my personal life, which spurred me to action.

I quit snacking completely, dropped to one or two cans of diet pepsi a day, and began running moderately (15-20min a day, low intensity). Within six weeks, I lost just under 50lbs. I'm 36, and now weigh the same as I did when I was 21. I had to buy new clothes, as my pants kept falling down. :)

Since then, I've followed No-S most weeks and run once or twice a week, and have maintained that weight, give or take a couple of pounds.

Not done yet, though! Since New Years, I'm back to running daily, saving my snacking for the weekends, and plan to drop another 12lbs. If I get below 180, then I'll weigh less than I have since I was 18.

I eat whatever the hell I want at meals, but as I said I've always had small meals. My six-year old son has bigger portions at dinner than I do.

The upshot of it all is that it worked for me, so thank you Reinhard!

I dug out my sledgehammer today.... :)

funfuture

Post by funfuture » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:53 pm

Wow, that's so inspiring! Really terrific.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:30 pm

acs,

Congratulations! And thanks for posting. That is really impressive. You are now a member of the elite "I lost more weight than the guru himself" club (as well as the venerable "my pants fell down" club).

I'm certainly going to move this (and other recent testimonials) to the main testimonials page by the end of the week (got two big day job presentations tomorrow that I have to focus on first).

Reinhard

gilli

Post by gilli » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:49 pm

That's awesome! Thank you for sharing your success - I'm really happy for you, and it's really encouraging to hear how well you've done!

Traci0829

Post by Traci0829 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:20 pm

Congratulations! Very inspiring!

dropfiftyfast

Re: Success story

Post by dropfiftyfast » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:54 pm

Congratulations!!! Thank you so much for sharing, with details of what you did. I really needed to see this.

margot17

Re: Success story

Post by margot17 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:10 pm

WOW an average of 3.75 kg a week! how extraordinary!!!
I guess, as the OP is from 2008, acs is not still around but wow done like a boss!