It's a darn bumpy wagon!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

FarmerHal

It's a darn bumpy wagon!

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:03 pm

Cuz I keep falling off the darn thing! LOL :lol:

Although, I think my major problem is that I'm not eating well enough to carry me through to the next meal. AND I've started having dessert nearly every night :( Baaad girl!!

Today I'm doing good so far today and my goal is to not have any S's.

I've been exercisng though, so that's good. Just letting you know I'm still here, runnin' behind the wagon train LOL

My goal also is to post more and be more conscience of what goes in my mouth. :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

ou812

Post by ou812 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:28 pm

I've done the dessert thing as well. Too many people have been sharing their desserts and I've felt too self righteous watching my kids indulge.I also know that there would be no saving me any for my S-days. So, I am working on No-S one day at a time. :)

phano

fruit for dessert?

Post by phano » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:11 pm

I don't know if this is strictly in the rules, but you might think about doing fruit for dessert. Baked apples and poached pears use only the sweetness of the fruit itself (or a little wine). I find something like this shuts up cravings for the super sweet stuff.

--Rachel

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:44 am

It's true that you can put some fruit on your plate and save it for last. But I don't know if it's a good idea to think of it as dessert.
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett

christmas tree

Bumpy road

Post by christmas tree » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:56 pm

These are some things that have helped me. The weight loss is not fast but I am hopeful. Fill your plate with lots of good healthy food and eat till you feel satisfied. Do not feel guilty. Do not count calories. When you finish your meal make sure you are still not hungry. You will not believe how much this will help you get to the next meal without snacking or thinking sweets. And if you should get hungy between meals think something healthy like apples and cheese or a half a sandwich. And eat enough to take off the edge. That you need to play with also. I think snacking is permited here if you know that this is going to save you from a king binge which is getting so hungry that now you just put anything and everything into your mouth. Good luck!!