What do you have planned this S-day?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

xJocelynx87

Post by xJocelynx87 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:50 pm

It's Friday!! We all know what that means...S-days!!

I'm actually not sure what I should indulge in this weekend, plus I'm just nosey and curious...

What yummy things do you all have planned for this weekend?

Or, in general, what are your favorite things to eat on the weekend that you don't eat during the week?

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:00 pm

My S-days haven't been particularly sane of late... too much snacking.

But when I'm doing well, I like to bake on weekends.

I learned to make Cherry Pie recently, and that's still a big fave with my family. I also like to try out new recipes. Cookies, pies, and things like pumpkin bread are the top contenders (I'm not much of a cake person).

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:44 pm

I think this weekend I am going to indulge myself with a (small) bowl of ice cream. :D
When I asked for all things, so that I may enjoy Life, I was given Life, so that I may enjoy all things.

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm

I have a bag of licorice allsorts and a chocolate-chilli bar that I bought specifically for today.
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett

ou812

Post by ou812 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:30 am

My S-days have been terrible. I have enjoyed to many desserts, snacks and seconds. In the end I really don't enjoy overindulging. I am hoping to reestablish some good N days this week. My wife is joining me so I think that will help.

ou812

Post by ou812 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:30 am

My S-days have been terrible. I have enjoyed to many desserts, snacks and seconds. In the end I really don't enjoy overindulging. I am hoping to reestablish some good N days this week. My wife is joining me so I think that will help.

apple

Post by apple » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:08 am

I still don't plan my S-days, so I ate everything and then felt sick. And did the same on Sunday. :(

My favourites are chocolate and chocolate cookies, those fancy coffees with syrup, and Chinese take-out. And I'll have to try baking again.

davestarbuck

Post by davestarbuck » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:28 am

I had a Snickers bar.....

Boring I know, but I love my Snickers

Other than that regular meals for me....

-Dave
Cut to size,file to fit, paint to match...

bonnieUK

Post by bonnieUK » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:48 pm

When I have time I like to do lots of cooking, try new recipes, make bread, sometimes cakes etc. and I like to be able to taste things and pick at things throughout without feeling like I'm breaking the rules :)

Other than that I don't snack much, but I like the freedom of knowing that if I'm in town on a Sunday, and happen to be near a coffee establishment of somekind, I can go in and enjoy a treat and a soya latte :) The funny thing is, I very rarely actually do this (I often plan to but don't have time, or I'm shopping with husband who doesn't like coffee), but just knowing that I can is great :)

I sometimes make a super quick homemade pudding with instant oats, soya milk, melted dark cholate, nuts and raisins (plus topped with coconut if I have any) - it's kind of half healthy, half treat :)

I also allow myself to eat seconds of course :)

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:02 am

What's the recipe for your pudding?
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:19 am

davestarbuck wrote:I had a Snickers bar.....

Boring I know, but I love my Snickers

Other than that regular meals for me....

-Dave
Ever had Snickers cookies? To share on "S" days.

http://foodblogga.blogspot.com/2008/01/ ... okies.html
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

scaissie

Chocolate croissants!

Post by scaissie » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:05 pm

My sister bought me chocolate croissants from Williams and Sonoma for Christmas! They are in my freezer, that will be my treat this weekend, they are delicious. One good thing about them is that you have to take them out and let them rise for a few hours before you cook them, so I can't just go grab one anytime I want. :)

Shannon
Shannon

phano

Post by phano » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:17 am

I have a box of Its-it ice cream sandwiches in the freezer. I've been looking forward to having one all week! I think that makes them taste better.

bonnieUK

Post by bonnieUK » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:38 am

What's the recipe for your pudding?
No specific recipe, just throw some instant oats in a bowl (trying not to create an dust cloud!). Mix well with hot water, then mix in some soya milk, raisins, nuts and throw in a handful of dark chodolate chunks or chips, sprinkle with coconut and leave for a minute or so for the chocolate to melt. Very quick and easy :) I've made this too with proper chunky oats, but I find that instant oats make it much lighter and pudding like.

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:00 pm

Marks and Spencer syrup sponge pudding, with custard.

Mmmmm, faaattening!

I wanted this last weekend and didn't organise it, but when I don't have a longed-for food on an S day I tend to end up eating more of other things but still not feeling satisfied.