A small triumph

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

phano

A small triumph

Post by phano » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:48 am

Last night at midnight, my husband and I were both still up working, and he decided to make a snack. I sat at my desk, reading my article, and I could smell the lovely melted cheese and toasted tortilla in the kitchen.

"Do you want one?" He asked me.

"No thank you," I replied.

It feels so good to be able to say that.

silver

Post by silver » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:20 am

last week thursday i was at my student's house giving a private lesson in the evening and his mother made some pancakes. she try to offer them to me and i said NO and i was so surprised how easy that was. also, the same day, and it was a very busy day, i didn't have much time for lunch so i just got a fish sandwich and i thought: this might not be enough, so i bought a small bag of pretzels. you can eat those while you work, and i just felt like some. after finishing that sandwich i realized i'd had enough and kept the pretzels for the weekend as a treat. they tasted so much better. two victories in one day!

i'm so proud of us!

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:28 pm

Congrats to both of you! :)

I am learning that celebrating small successes is SUCH an important thing to do. You learn as much from them as you do from your mistakes.

The "small triumph" at our house has nothing to do with No-S. My seven-year-old just lost his first tooth. He's totally thrilled - since many of his classmates have lost all their baby teeth, he was really wanting to lose his. Little milestones of life. :)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:36 pm

Congratulations! You'll be amazed how much easier the next such triumph is going to be. It doesn't take many to form a big habit.

Reinhard

silverfish

Post by silverfish » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:24 am

My friends who know offer me chocolate, and then apologise, and then apologise for eating it in front of me and I'm like, "Seriously, guys, it's okay. I don't even want it. I do not feel deprived."

Its funny how I can learn to switch off my wants during the week.

laura99

Post by laura99 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:59 am

can't wait until im at that point :D i know how hard that is congrads guys!