I failed today...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

apple

I failed today...

Post by apple » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:35 pm

... but I don't feel bad.

Someone at work brought a cake for their birthday. It was a very very nice one from a patisserie that also delivers to royalty.

So I had a small piece, and another small piece in the afternoon. It was delicious.

I am just going to chalk this day up as a failure, and continue with No-S as normal. I will not feel bad about it, it happened, and life goes on.

^
I am so happy that I have this attitude now, instead of feeling guilty for a week. That's one thing I learnt from here. Thanks for that.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:53 pm

You're not a failure, you just didn't have a perfect No-S day. You took responsibility and decided to have that cake -- I probably would have, too! Actually, considering that having the cake was a conscious choice, I'd say that your day was a success.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Betty

Post by Betty » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:54 am

On my habit cal I have a tab for a "no binge failure." I actually find it harder to stick to No S when I've failed than when I haven't. So when I DO have that peice of cake and then get on with my day, I actually feel, like wosnes says, pretty sucessful.