Is tea drinking a snack?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Marick

Is tea drinking a snack?

Post by Marick » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:31 am

I've searched and searched but have not come up with a topic about tea or coffee drinking between meals. Is it a snack at any time, and is it a snack if I lace it with Sweet & Low?

A cup of tea is so refreshing in the afternoon between lunch and dinner, and again between dinner and bedtime! And then, a cup of decaf coffee would be nice once in awhile too.

Marick

Marick

Silly Me

Post by Marick » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:37 am

Well, wouldn't you know, after I posted this message I noticed just 4 messages down somebody had posted the same message about coffee --isn't that the way! :oops:

Well, if Reinhard sees this post, maybe he can shed some light on it. :wink:

Marick

franxious

Post by franxious » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:05 am

Though the replies I got to my post were very helpful, I am hoping Reinhard will weigh in as well...

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:03 pm

Hi Marick,

Drinks don't count as *snacks*. You can drink whatever you want whenever your want -- unless it's a *sweet* (loaded with sugar, like cola).

Non-caloric, non-sweet drinks are obviously best, if you can swing it. But being able to swing it is, for most of us, precisely the hard part, so don't feel bad about resorting to a glass of milk or 100% fruit juice or lightly sweetened/creamed coffee/tea. Artificial sweetener is fine, just be aware that it may mess with habit formation (and who knows what they're going to discover about its hidden side effects 10 years from now).

If after a couple months you feel you are abusing your caloric tea license, then reconsider, maybe. But I very much doubt many people will have to -- it's an insignificant source of calories compared to unambiguous esses like sugar soda or solid snacks.

Best of luck, whatever you decide,

Reinhard