DIY Flavored water

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Murphysraven

DIY Flavored water

Post by Murphysraven » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:08 pm

I don't mind drinking plain cold water. I find if it's slightly flavored, I drink a whole lot more of it.

I got the idea from a Mediterranean restaurant I went to that had 3 pichers of water out that you could serve yourself from. One was flavored with fresh orange slices, one with lemon, and one with mint sprigs.

The water is ever so slightly flavored. I've found citrus works best (limes, lemons, oranges, grapefruit, etc) since I'm not a big mint person. I want to try some fresh berries in my water this summer.

People look at me a little strange at work, having chunks of fruit in the bottom of my water bottle. But I'm used to being the odd duck around here.

I'm sure I'm probably getting some vitamin C too!
When I asked for all things, so that I may enjoy Life, I was given Life, so that I may enjoy all things.

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:48 am

Great idea!

I sometime do a squeeze of lemon juice, but using real fruit sounds much more festive!

silverfish

Post by silverfish » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:18 am

At a Mary Ryans (a Queensland bookstore) I went into, they had two pitchers of cold water: one with sliced lemon and the other with strawberries. Very good :)

Betty

Post by Betty » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:28 am

Try a squeeze of orange, a sprig of mint and a twig of lemon grass. Yum.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:46 pm

While I can drink copious amounts of plain water, I LOVE water with citrus in it, especially lemon or lime. Lemon and mint are good together, too.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."