"S" day?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

silverfish

"S" day?

Post by silverfish » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:45 pm

A big day today - our new Prime Minister (who has done nothing if not jumped into the job boots first - Kyoto protocol to begin with, now this) has finally formally apologised in parliament to the indigenous Australians and the Stolen Generation.

It's a pretty big deal, and there's still a lot of division about it, but it had to be done and dealt with and put aside, and it's kind of an odd feeling not having that hanging over us any more. Yes, there are still massive problems and injustices, but even if its a baby step its still a step forward.

I haven't decided if it's a non-N day, but it's definitely a capital S special day here today!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:49 pm

Sounds like it qualifies to me!

funfuture

Post by funfuture » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:30 pm

I'm with you! My daughter went to school in the colours of the Aboriginal flag to watch the apology with the whole school. I took an hour off work to watch it at home - must say, I was incredibly moved. Just wept when both non-Indigenous leaders walked around the visitors gallery hugging and greating the Indigenous people gathered there to witness the event.
Definitely an S day!