i can walk again!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

silver

i can walk again!

Post by silver » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:26 am

i had a nasty knee accident on 21st of july last year. (god, i'll never forget that date) the only good thing, that helped me think positively was the fact that no operation was needed. although it was pretty close. otherwise the whole issue has been hell. including the idiot doctor i had for the first three weeks, who couldn't identify there was blood in my knee and wasn't able to give me a diagnosis he would agree with even himself a few days later. or including getting inflammation there 3 weeks ago, when i thought all the worst is already behind me.

anyway. only two months ago i got rid of the crutch and only last week, my other, clever doctor told me i could start putting some strain on my knee. until now i could only do some exercises that my rehabilitation nurse showed me and which i did 5 times a week

before that thing happened i used to love jogging. used to do it 5 times a week and really enjoy it. then i could only do those exercises that got sooooooooo booooooooring by now. i put on 4 kilos (8-9 pounds) i was no skinny before either.

then, mid october i discovered no-s. first i lost some weight, then it stopped and then i put on a pound or two, and lost it, and put it back on..... but i knew that was only due to lack of physical activity, so i wasn't too worried. i also liked the whole idea, so i didn't give up.

i can't run yet. my knee is still too loose and wobbly. but now i can WALK! i did 22 kilometers in the last 7 days! almost 14 miles! and lost 3 pounds! yes, i was a bit worried i might hurt my knee if i do too much too suddenly but it seems that lazy joint is only benefiting from it. actually, to be honest, i'm not even so happy because of loosing that bit of weight. i'm really happy because i started feeling the old silvia again. i saw my jogging track after more than half a year! nothing changed there, mind you :)

with all these happy hormones back i just felt like sharing with you all before i go for that long walk this morning. and maybe there are some other people who can't move for many different reasons, weighting 400 pounds might be just one of them in some cases. or even the same reason as me. so i just want to say to you: don't give up and all the best to you all.

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:06 pm

Congrats on a milestone! I'm glad for you!

Marick

Post by Marick » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:17 pm

What a great feeling for you, the past seven months must have been very long and painful. Thanks for sharing your elation...what a great way to start off a weekend hearing a story like that.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:52 pm

Fantastic!!
Peace and Love,
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness