unhappy s-ing Saturday

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

phano

unhappy s-ing Saturday

Post by phano » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:14 am

Wanted to post to keep myself honest.

It started Thursday night/Friday morning--stayed up until about 2 am grading exams.

Exhausted Friday but had to teach that morning, and oddly not wanting to eat a decent breakfast. Had cereal and milk (which always seems to make me crash about an hour after I eat. I know this. Think.). And didn't pack a lunch, though I planned on staying at school until I had a backlog of quizzes graded.

So at 1 pm on Friday, I was so hungry I was dizzy, so I went down to the vending machines and got a Snickers. Good idea, yeah, to follow one sugar crash with another sugar slam & crash.

I think this set me up for a grouchy Saturday, complete with weird, mindless eating. I also went running, following the couch potato to 5k plan someone posted about. I felt proud of myself for doing it, but I think I need to plan it so that it's a bit before a meal, so I'm not tempted to stuff myself as a 'reward' (how is it a reward??? I just did something good for me, so I'll eat a bunch of junk. Dumb beyond all imagination.)

BUT, as so many people have posted, I will contain and do better tomorrow. Will decide in advance a nice treat and eat good food otherwise. I will also pack a lunch next Friday and eat my normal, delicious, plain yoghurt with wheat germ and honey for breakfast. But will not descend into the "I'll be fat forever" abyss.

kccc

Post by kccc » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:31 pm

BTDT.

Hope posting helped, and your Saturday is better.