Hi Everyone, I'm new here!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Marie

Hi Everyone, I'm new here!

Post by Marie » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:26 pm

I found out about NoS diet a year ago and kept the link under my favorites. I lost weight on the Weigh Down Workshop (familiar to anyone?) 7years ago. The WDW teaches one to only eat when you feel hungry, so it's similar. But, I lost track with the stress of a house fire and aging (I'm 39). I've been nos'ing successfully for 2 days now and I already feel better. I'm also walking no matter what the temperature, and in Manitoba it's been -30C with a windchill making it an unbearable -40 or so.

I'm encouraged by the replies to the most recent post by elizabeth333. I've become more aware of the fact that weightloss will take time and my new motto is: "Let's see where my body takes me". I hope this will help me focus better than wanting to achieve a certain weight goal.

I've posted a sign in my kitchen to remind me of the No S rules. I'm going to post the quote that laura99 mentioned "anything worthwhile takes time" to help remind myself that I am worth it and I don't know how long I've got left to turn this around but if it's 40 years I want them to be healthy.

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:11 am

Welcome Marie! :D :D

I hope you enjoy your journey with NoS. (I am familiar with the Weigh Down Diet. I think I owned the book at one point).

I also know how stress can wreak havoc on the best of our intentions. Hopefully, NoS-ing will give you some structure. I have been NoS-ing for almost 3 years now, straying briefly now and then with my impossible Low Carb dieting. But, somehow, I always return to NoS.

Enjoy!
Dru

P.S. I like your motto too!!!!

apple

Post by apple » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:59 am

Welcome!

It's great that only two days already make you feel better. And that you're walking no matter the weather.

Take care.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:09 pm

Welcome, Marie!

You've got the right attitude.

The great thing about No-s is that the hard part is all up front. It's not like your typical deprivation or counting diet which seems fine at first, but then become intolerable as you start to miss the restricted foods or get tired of counting. No-s actually gets easier and more pleasant the longer you do it -- and it actually enhances your enjoyment of food.

So don't be frustrated if you run into difficulties right away -- that's when you should expect them. Just make the investment to get right back on your feet and build the habit. Soon enough, that habit will be paying dividends.

Reinhard

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:19 pm

Welcome from me, too! :D