looking forward to tomorrow

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

idontknow

looking forward to tomorrow

Post by idontknow » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:36 pm

I've been hating my eating habits for the last few months and have become more and more despairing about my ability to lose the extra pounds I've put on over the last few years. I feel as though finding this site today was a sign and I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I will begin to eat positively and lose my sense of failue.

One question though: how do you fit fruit into your diet if you can only have one plate of food at each meal - or am I being too literal? :roll:

NoelFigart

Re: looking forward to tomorrow

Post by NoelFigart » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:37 am

sally wrote:I've been hating my eating habits for the last few months and have become more and more despairing about my ability to lose the extra pounds I've put on over the last few years. I feel as though finding this site today was a sign and I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I will begin to eat positively and lose my sense of failue.

One question though: how do you fit fruit into your diet if you can only have one plate of food at each meal - or am I being too literal? :roll:
You can put fruit on a plate, ya know.

Weird, innit?

Marie

Post by Marie » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:43 am

HI Sally, welcome to NoS! I hope you'll find this "new" look at eating as a lifestyle. You really can do it and boy does it ever feel good!

I have the same question, as I've not been eating fruits since I began. What I have to remember is to add them to my meal plan - I used to eat fruit for snacks.

Best of luck!
Marie

apple

Post by apple » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:58 am

Eating fruit is for me more important than if you put it on your plate or not. I have fruit with breakfast, on or beside my plate. And then one piece of fruit in the afternoon (I have four meals a day).

You can also just put a little bit less food on your plate and have a piece of fruit for dessert. Or something like that.

Good luck!

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:55 pm

Hi Sally! I am a newbie too. I am trying to follow the plan as closely as possible but have found that it still works if you make adjustments. I think the idea of putting all your food on one plate is super helpful if are the type to over eat at meals. That is not my problem, mine is the S's, not the meals themselves. So here is what I do: I break my AM and lunch meals into two. I have oatmeal at 8AM and fruit and a slice of high fiber toast at around 11AM. So I sorta do the virtual plate kinda thing and also I know off the top of my head the amount of calories I have just spread out over the morning and I know this is just what I need to be doing to be healthy and feeling good and keeping my energy up all AM. And I know if I keep doing this I will see the weight come off - It may take a year to lose the 20 pounds but I'd rather it take a year and stay off than play the yo-yo game any more. I know this plan will work, but I think most plans work, its finding one that we can stick to that is the trick and this one really seems to be the healthiest of all of them. I have been doing this for nearly 3 weeks and have not lost anything, yet I am more excited about this than anything I have ever done, even though I must admit I have always lost at least 5 pounds by now with other "diet" plans, but of course they didn't work long term. I am all about the long term now. This is so ass backwards from the way that I used to think that it takes a while to sink in. But hang in there Sally and let us know how you are doing!
Dawn

Spook

Post by Spook » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:20 pm

When I started No-Sing a couple of months ago I did find myself in the odd position of having to not eat a piece of fruit at the end of a meal because I'd forgotten to include it in my 'plate'.

This seemed pretty stupid, so I changed the rules to allow myself a "portion" of fruit - usually an apple or an orange - as part of every meal. I'm pretty consistent with this and I think it's fine. I eat off relatively small plates anyway. :)

freegirlnow

Post by freegirlnow » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:38 pm

I think we just have to be reasonable...even though the plan recommends one physical plate at first, which is a good idea to start with...it really means no seconds. You can incorporate bread or fruit, etc. on the side and still not be eating "seconds", snacks, or sugar. :)
"Sometimes we need to begin again, to become more fully alive, to realize ourselves"

idontknow

Post by idontknow » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:31 pm

thanks everyone - that really helps