First Day

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Hungry Girl

First Day

Post by Hungry Girl » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:33 pm

This is my first day on the No S diet. So far, so good except that it is 3:30pm and I am starving. I don't know what time my husband is going to be home for dinner but at 5PM I'm going to start preparing it! :?
Here we go again!

NoSeattle

Post by NoSeattle » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:40 pm

The first three days were the hardest ones for me. It's been two weeks and I can almost make it from lunch to dinner without a bad case of the munchies.

The biggest thing for me has been rethinking my eating habits at meals. As a previous WW shadower (long story), I had shrunk my portions in my meals to the point that they weren't enough calories (because I was saving points for afternoon snacks) and I had to think about expanding my eating (a little) at meal time to bring me back into balance.

Plus, in two more days (assuming Saturday is your first S-day) it'll all seem worth it when you can have that first snack.

jenny

hungry girl

Post by jenny » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:30 pm

Hi hungry girl, I have just started week 2. I think it is important to have a substantial meal too. I lost 3lbs last week and I was so pleased and that has spurred me on. Just keep your vision of being in control of you weight at the front of your mind. I have started writing a diary in the evening before I go to bed. I write out all that I have eaten that day and it gives me great satisfaction to see how well I have done, it keeps me going. However having said that it has not been easy and I have been going to bed still a hungry girl, but I hope with time my appetite will reduce and that will help. Keep going, all the best.

apple

Post by apple » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:26 am

Do you eat enough during lunch? Might be the reason why you're so hungry.

freegirlnow

Post by freegirlnow » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:49 pm

Absolutely fill your plate but do it with healthful, nutritous, mostly whole foods. It goes against everything we dieters have been taught but even after overfilling my plate somewhat this first week I feel I have dropped a pound or two....one day I may even weigh myself. (I threw the scales out when I realized I was really just weighing my self esteem) Staying away from refined carbs, eating healthy and taking time to enjoy every bite is key for me.
"Sometimes we need to begin again, to become more fully alive, to realize ourselves"

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:55 pm

Welcome, Hungry Girl!

Hope you're still with us (and not so hungry?)

Reinhard