New starters...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Fliss

New starters...

Post by Fliss » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:14 pm

Hi
my boyfriend & I have just started No-S (after I found a link to the site, I liked it so much that I got him hooked on it as well!). So far so good, I think. I'm hoping that if I get cravings for S food, I can simply tell myself that I CAN have it - if I wish - on an S day.

I'd be interested in hearing how people found their first few days / weeks on the No-S diet & would welcome any tips/ comments !

2poodles

Post by 2poodles » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:13 pm

Welcome! I'm new, too. I started on Friday evening and then immediately went on to S days! Great way to start! :D

So far, so good today. I had a big bowl of oatmeal w/nuts and raisins for breakfast and then a plate of food (left-over chinese food plus an apple) for lunch. I usually get munchy later in the afternoon, so I'm planning on enjoying a cup of hot tea at that time. And dinner is planned - broiled hallibut, roasted potatoes and broccoli. I'm hoping that having meals planned out will help.

Good luck to you!
2poodles

silverfish

Post by silverfish » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:24 am

Hey - planning's half the fun :)

apple

Post by apple » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:12 am

For me the first weeks varied a lot. Some times went extremely well, and other times I justed wanted to eat a pack of cookies. You body does need to adjust, and that takes time.

Some things I find hard:
- saying no to sweets when they're offered (at work, with friends)
- keep the weekend eating under control

Things that went better than I thought:
- having cookies in the house and waiting until the weekend to eat them
- not having seconds

Good luck to both of you!

swimfit

Post by swimfit » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:32 pm

I too am very new. Started on Sat (right to S day!) and so far it has been good. I get hungry and am in the learning stage of how much i need to eat before the next meal. But I am encouraged because I can eat what I WANT, and to me that is freedom. I even passed up popcorn last night that my hubby had made. Nothing short of a miracle! :-)

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:00 pm

apple, the no seconds was the easiest habit to learn for me. I think I was a bit sad that I couldn't go fill up my plate again the first week or so but then I realized how much better I felt not being bloaty and miserable.

Welcome to the newbies :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18