New today!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

chiquitabanana

New today!

Post by chiquitabanana » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:16 am

I was at the bookstore and i just happened to see the No s diet book and picked it up. It sounds so freeing. I really want to get healthy and stop the yo yo dieting and binging. I want to hear from people who are working the program and having success. I am starting tomorrow and i cannot wait. :D
Heath starts in our heart and mind.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:34 pm

Welcome!

The testimonials page here is more current than what's in the book:

http://www.nosdiet.com/testimonials

Poking around the bulletin board will get you an even more current picture still -- and I'm sure others will chime in here with up to the minute details.

Just out of curiosity, what bookstore? It's only been out for a week and I'm trying to monitor its geographic spread.

Reinhard

chiquitabanana

Post by chiquitabanana » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:59 pm

Thanks Reinhard i will search the bulletin boards for more information. I bought the book in San Diego, California at the Mission valley Barnes and Noble. I just love the book. I really feel that this will help me break the cycle of binging. I have been diagnosed with BED binge eating disorder and i have been receiving treatment for it. I have suffered with BED since I was 13 years old. This way of eating is just what i need to get some control and sanity back into my life. Thank you so much you really clicked something inside of me and i feel that this is a healthy was to eat. :D

peetie

Post by peetie » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:37 pm

Hi Chaquitabanana,
I live in Orange County, CA and the book won't be in our local stores til later this week. So I went ahead and ordered off Amazon. I came to this site a long time ago to learn a sane way to maintain my weight. I have been up and down and in between for years, so I just wanted to be able to maintain instead of beating my body up with constant gaining and losing. I ended up losing additional weight and maintaining it.

I think for your situation this eating plan would be wonderful. I have an eating disordered friend I tried to get to try it, but she wasn't ready yet.
I'm so glad that you are. You could even discuss it with your doctor to get more reinforcement. I'll bet he would be very supportive.

Good luck, and welcome to sane eating.

Best wishes,
Peetie

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:54 am

Welcome to a wonderful site of fantastic people.

I have been here for a while, but I keep deviating (because I get overwhelmed by the false messages of quick weight loss out there), but when I follow No S, I loose weight easily.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:26 pm

Same here! I have been thrown off my NoS track by vacations, job stresses, and family matters (births, sicknesses, etc.) and I have started and restarted at least four times in the year since I first began. But the bottom line is, it works when you're working it. You will lose weight, although slowly, if you create the NoS eating habits. Each day that you live NoS makes it easier to continue. Believe me, I know. I take one day at a time.
Welcome Chaquitabanana - you're gonna love NoS!
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:31 pm

chiquitabanana,

I have 0 expertise with eating disorders, so please do run it by your doctor.

Naively, it does seem like it should be a good fit though -- as long as you make sure to let the "minimum equal the maximum" and don't seek extra credit though skipped or skimpy meals.

Reinhard

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:32 pm

Very glad to hear it's made it to (some) west coast stores!

chiquitabanana

Post by chiquitabanana » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:55 am

Thanks for all your posts reinhard,peetie, merrykat and mimi. Wow you guys are awesome, what support.