CAN YOU IMAGINE!!!???

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Blondie

CAN YOU IMAGINE!!!???

Post by Blondie » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:05 pm

Can you imagine what it might do for Reinhard's sales if everyone who has appreciated the book/this site/R's advice/each others' support wrote a review on Amazon? I KNOW more than 5 people (including Dru and me and the three other people I don't immediately recognize) have either read the book or used the site and have really benefited.

Let's be real: this is kind of an unusual situation. Most of us came to NoS while it was free. We got something for nothing, and here's our chance to pay him back (in addition to buying the book, which I know many have, as they've felt like it was money he already earned). Reinhard worked really hard, has spent a LOT of time helping other people and deserves some recognition.

It's free. It will take you 5 minutes or less. You don't have to think of anything you haven't written here before if you don't want. Copy and paste something nice you wrote about NoS onto the "write a review" link. Help a brother out. Start here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... aysyste-20

And no, I'm not his wife. Or his publicist. :D

Sorry if I am embarassing you, Reinhard (I didn't run this by him first haha)

M

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:41 am

Lol! Okay, Blondie, you've spurred me on.

I posted a review. It takes up to 48 hours to appear, according to the confirmation, but it will be there. :)

Hint: If you know you've written something really good on this site in the past, use the "Search" feature and search on your own user name to find it. I found and edited a prior post.

(On Amazon, I'm evidently "Mom, Ph.D" - I have no recollection of setting that. Oh well.)

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:49 am

Awesome. My work here is done. Back to the bat cave.

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:58 am

Sadly if you did not purchase through Amazon you cannot post a review. I have posted my review on www.loot.co.za which is where I purchased my copy.

I am going to see if I can post reviews on other South African sites as well - will let you know where and when.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:02 pm

Are you sure? Because I didn't get mine on Amazon and I posted a review--maybe it's that you have to be registered as a customer that bought something sometime on Amazon?

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:22 pm

Blondie you are right (read the write up too quickly) - I have never purchased from Amazon because their shipping costs are astranomical to South Africa.

I will have to see if I can find something to buy so I can post a review here.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:36 pm

I suspect that Reinhard wouldn't want you to go to such expense...

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:27 pm

Thank you, Blondie! (you SHOULD be my publicist)

And thank you KCCC and Merrykat. Please don't pay for international shipping just to leave a review on amazon.com. Reviews ANYWHERE people buy books are helpful and much appreciated. In fact, it's kind of thrilling to get intercontinental recognition with the book out barely a week.

If there are any other South African No-essers out there, here's the direct link:

http://www.loot.co.za/shop/main.jsp?pag ... 0672179215

Reinhard

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:37 pm

I'm done with mine!
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

bonnieUK

Post by bonnieUK » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:57 pm

It's on my wishlist! (it doesn't seem to be available in the UK until 21 April). But I'll leave a review as soon as I've read it :) I eat books quickly, so it won't be too long :D

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:48 am

BonnieUK:
I eat books quickly, so it won't be too long
If you do this after dinner, would it be considered a snack? :wink:

Marie

Post by Marie » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:16 am

That's funny Jammin' Jan! Very witty![/b]

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:26 pm

more than happy to do anything that introduces this great way of life to everyone!
Dawn

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:09 pm

Thank you, Dawn and mimi! Now that I'm in the double digits I promise to stop being such a nuisance about this. :-)

And thanks again, Blondie, for being inspiring/encouraging all this generosity.

Reinhard

P.S. I did a local radio interview last night, and KCCC's review was directly quoted by one of the hosts. It really does make a difference -- thank you!

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:33 pm

Wow! I'm famous. Anonymously famous, but that's okay. :)

Glad it did help, Reinhard!