I will not waste one more moment.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

chiquitabanana

I will not waste one more moment.

Post by chiquitabanana » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:31 pm

Since starting no s i have not counted one calorie, measured or weighed one thing or counted points or tracks food exchanges or weighed myself. I will not waste one more moment of my life doing those things because i realized that just the act of doing those things cause me to go into binge mode.I feel like the No s diet is a godsend. I really needed this because i was on a downward spiral of binging and purging without seeing a way out. I had basically given up and was letting the eating disorder take me over. Then by some twist of fate i ran across the book at the bookstore and things just started clicking and i had a major breakthrough. It has been 5 days so far and i have not binged or purged once which it has been years since i have been able to go even a day without doing. I was wondering if there are any of you out there that feel the way that i do? I feel free and i want to thank you from the bottom of my heart Reinhard.
Heath starts in our heart and mind.

2poodles

Post by 2poodles » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:59 pm

Wow -- good for you!!! It does seem like an uncommonly SANE way to eat, doesn't it? Keep it up!
2poodles

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:37 pm

Hooray for you!!

I have seen many posts (and made some myself) about how wonderful No-S is for bringing blessed FREEDOM and peace into our lives by taking away the constant irritation and worry of counting and planning every morsel, carb, and calorie (or fat gram!!) that goes in our mouths.

It is amazing, isn't it? Welcome! Glad you found No-S!
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:09 pm

All that, plus you don't have to eliminate any types of foods. Either you can have it during the week, or you can have it on the weekends.

camburger

Post by camburger » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:41 pm

Congratulations, Chiquitabanana. Thank you so much for replying to my earlier post, I feel so welcome here.

I can totally relate to your situation. Back when I was on WW, I became a binger/purger. I was never one before then, but it was after I think my second attempt on WW. I couldn't just binge and leave it at that, the numbers would haunt me so bad afterwards that I would literally panic and have to go purge. It wasn't a habitual thing, but it did get out of hand sometimes. It was very scary, I just couldn't believe that I had an eating disorder. I've gotten over it since then. I don't know what made it go away, exactly, it was probably kicking WW to the curb that did it.

But I find it interesting, I wonder if these diets that require you to think of food in terms of numbers actually trigger some people to have eating disorders? I'm sure they've done a study, if they haven't, they should.

Again, congrats and keep it up.

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:55 pm

Chiquitabanana, I hear ya, you can get so frustrated and lost!.
I'm glad the NoS Diet is giving you peace of mind and kudos on not weighting yourself anymore, it's so easy to become a scale slave and it's not rewarding at all.
I feel as you do: liberated!.

chiquitabanana

Post by chiquitabanana » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:52 am

Thanks for your replies 2poodles,Jaxhil,Jammin'Jan and camburger and Mavilu. I am so lucky to have you guys for support. I am so happy that we are all on the right path. :D
Heath starts in our heart and mind.

Bumpkyns

Post by Bumpkyns » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:21 pm

I couldn't have put it better myself. I just joined this board late last night and posted, trying to explain exactly what you just said. Congrats to you and I'm there with ya!

Bumpy

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:18 am

I love this way of eating because I feel I've "made peace with food." And I'm so glad for everyone in the same place.

Nay

Just counting made me binge.

Post by Nay » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:03 pm

It's so true -- on WW, after a while, just counting the points and realizing that maybe I had only 5 left for the day.....it made me crazy! I hated that feeling! It was a prison. No S is so easy in comparison.

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:20 pm

NOS is just so SANE! I've had lifelong issues with overeating and feeling guilty about every little thing I eat.

Now I know, if I really want doritos, I can have them with lunch, no problem! (now I don't even really crave them very often anyway). If I'm hungry, I now it's only an hour or two before the next meal, and besides, hunger is just a feeling, not an emergency situation that must be immediately irradicated.
And my biggest thing has been (surprise!) purely emotional/psychological healing: Eating because I'm sad, lonely, angry, worried, etc will NOT change the situation. I'll still feel sad afterwards (and guilty for binging!) and the bad situation will still be there.

I'm not a slave to food anymore.

So glad you are here, Nay, and look forward to hearing more from you :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18