Ohhh Noooo!!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

annafarmer

Ohhh Noooo!!!

Post by annafarmer » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:19 am

So all week, whenever I've wanted a treat, I put it away in the cupboard to have this weekend. There was 2 brownies, a chocolate chip cookie, a no-bake bar, and some hot chocolate mix in a little box hidden in the back waiting for me to get to S. Well, I just went to look at my stash (and fantasize about the weekend) only to discover that it's been nibbled (and pooped on) by mice!!! BLECH. I didn't even know we had mice. What a bummer. :cry:

Anna

Bumpkyns

Post by Bumpkyns » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:43 am

YUCK! :shock: Well all I can say is this... when that happened to me at work, it made me never want to eat those same bad for me items EVER AGAIN! Sort of like associating regurgitating with something you've recently eaten, ya know? So maybe that's another psychological game I can play on myself to not eat something I shouldn't on a weekday... by picturing it as something having been nibbled or pooped on by mice! :wink: That would definitely have worked for me in your case. I mean think about it... if you get ready to eat one of those same items in the future on a day you shouldn't be, you'll probably think of the moment you saw the poop on that food item, and maybe not want it! I'd see it as a "sign". This is my warped way of trying to be helpful here. :P

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:49 am

Ah man!! Baad mice!

I cannot even keep goodies at my house (save for ice cream, which makes me sick, so I stay away!). Maybe you can find a specialty bakery for a yummy treat?
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:26 am

Icky! You poor thing! Better find a more secure stash-point I guess.
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett

annafarmer

Post by annafarmer » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:14 am

Thanks all :) . I know there are more tragic things in the world than a destroyed goodie stash, but you know how it is....

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:51 pm

I think it's a sign that you need to go to a bakery today. :)

Forget old stale treats. Go for one wonderful fresh-baked something.

annafarmer

Post by annafarmer » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:47 pm

My DH went to a local bakery and bought my very favorite no bake cornflake bar as a treat for me (and he didn't even know about the mice incident). How sweet is that. Gotta love a man who knows what your favorite treat is. And I ate every bite in mouse-free happiness :P

Bumpkyns

Post by Bumpkyns » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:33 am

Mouse free happiness is definitely a good thing! :P
Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!