Fresh Start

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

GramAnn

Fresh Start

Post by GramAnn » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:07 pm

Hi ,
I am having a new fresh start on Monday, March 24th. I have tried so many different ways to lose weight and be healthy that I am just plain worn out. No S sounds like the thing for me. I am jumping into the deep end, head first! I even just got done ordering the No S book from Amazon. I am hoping that this book will be the last diet book I ever have to or want to read.

I became a Grandma just 9 months ago & have another grandchild due July 4th of this year. I want to be around to watch my grandchildren grow up!

Happy Easter!
GramAnn

Bumpkyns

Post by Bumpkyns » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:12 pm

Hi Gram... I am a fairly new grammy myself and have the same feelings and concerns. I can definitely relate. My 26 yr old is the first to give me grandbabies, but my youngest is about to turn 18, and I want to be here for hers too. She's my only girl, so I can't wait (for when it's the "right" time of course) :P I feel the same way about wanting this to be the one and only, final frontier for me. It's been a rough start but together we can overcome this long lost battle of ours. I'm new to this board (as in like 3-4 days) but have had responses from awesome people with just as awesome advice/thoughts/words of wisdom, etc... and I know you'll get it too.
Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:35 am

Welcome!
It was about 15 months ago when I joined and I remember saying taht I thought this was something I could cling to. It was a bumpy first few months but it gets easier!

Posting often and doing my check in page helps tremendously!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:07 pm

Welcome, and congrats on being a new Grandma!

You will love it here-this a great and friendly place where someone's always willing to help. As Tiffani said, the daily check-ins are a great way to help stay accountable!

Good luck! :D
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:05 am

Welcome to No-S and congratulations on your grandchild! I'm a new grandma, too, with a grandson who is just 8 months old. No-S is a terrific program, the book is the best there is, and you'll love the friendly people on the board. :D

GramAnn

Post by GramAnn » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:20 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm at work right now so this will have to be short. I look forward to being supportive for you all on this board also. Monday was a pretty good day. Didn't snack at all during the day, just had my breakfast & lunch. Had dinner that night, but (seems like there is always a but :), I did have a small bite of cheesecake last night. The sweets always get me. I am still determined to get some good habits established & I know it well take some time. My bad habits didn't happen overnight & neither will my good habits happen overnight. I will not get discouraged!

Great Day to All!
GramAnn