The no S diet

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

lindalou

The no S diet

Post by lindalou » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:39 pm

I order the the no S diet book but I want to start the diet March 24 Is there any thing I should know There is a lot of information the forum. I know that it is three meals a day No seconds No sweets No sweets Is there any food I should stay away from how about fast foods

Thanks
lindalou

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:51 pm

Everything you need to know to get started is at www.nosdiet.com There's a lot of information there. Good luck to you!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

lindalou

Post by lindalou » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:54 pm

Thank you

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:36 pm

I wanted to post a few things that it's taken me a while to realize (after a good 25 years of dietingand 15 months on NoS).

Inbetween meals on N days- hunger is just a feeling. I won't die from it. It will be meal time soon again. I do my best to ignore it.

If you fall off the wagon, get back on again. Seek support from the board. I've fallen off LOTS of times. Just get up, brush yourself off and get on again.

Feed yourself well at meals- not just quanity, but quality. Go for nutrient rich whole grains, fruits, veggies and lean protein. The better nourished your body, the less intense hunger and cravings are (for me anyway!)

You might find that after a week or two of solid N days that when you get to your S days, overeating, snacking and even the cheap/easy sweets upset your digestive system. I ate like an idiot yesterday, even though it was an S day, and last night and this morning, I am painfully bloated and feeling pretty miserable. The "fasting" between meals helps me feel cleansed- like my GI tract can have a break and my body can do something else more useful than digest digest digest all the time.

Once you get your book, underline things that are most important and/or make the most sense to you. I read through my book once entirely and now am going back through underlining so that I can skim once a day, or every few days, to remind me how much more sane noS is :)

And most of all I wish you success!!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:37 pm

Welcome, lindalou!

In a sense, everything you need to know is on the cover of the book :-)

But of course, everyone has particular areas and issues that need clarification.

Looking over the posts in this thread and the home page, you should be in good shape until the book arrives, but in the meantime (or after, for that matter) feel free to ask questions here if you run into trouble.

Best,

Reinhard

lindalou

update

Post by lindalou » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:47 am

I am on my 4th day so far so good I have my first S days coming up My plan is to just do my 3 meals and a dessert after supper. I sure do like the fact that my stomach does not feel bloated. I sure do like this forum.

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:30 pm

Isn't it amazing how the non-bloated tummy feels? ANd for me, I spent years with an overbloated tummy all day long! It's quite eye opening!

Your plan for your S day sounds good. That's generally ohw I try to keep my S days although I throw in the occasional snack too!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

2poodles

Post by 2poodles » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:25 pm

Welcome - and thanks for posting! Reading through these has helped me to decide to get back on board and give this another shot. I went through several days of overeating - and have that horrible bloated, mad-at-myself feeling. But I am going to brush myself off and start over. I think I'd better ignore the fact that Sat and Sun are coming up, though! I won't kill me to do a solid week of N days...
2poodles

lindalou

Post by lindalou » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:28 pm

My plan was to do two weeks of N days But Monday is my Birthday so I will have cake Saturday night I have 30lbs. to lose I was doing WW and it works but I got tired of counting points than writing it down. Then I came across this diet. The one thing I like about it is that I didn't have to buy the book to do the diet. This guy was so nice to put it out there. I order the book but I have not got it yet maybe I will get it Saturday. I did buy one diet on the web which I wish I had not, it was called the 18in4 which he had money back guarantee Will it didn't work and I did not get my money back He wouldn't even answer my e-mail. O well live and learn.

2poodles

Post by 2poodles » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:04 am

Have a very Happy Birthday, lindalou! And please enjoy your slice of birthday cake!
2poodles

Bumpkyns

Post by Bumpkyns » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:22 pm

Lindalu... I bought that same stupid 18n4 diet mess. When I told him how much it did NOT work for me, he just sent a more restricted version of it rather than the refund he promised. Like THAT was what I wanted... :roll: Like you said.... live and learn.
Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!