Thanks and my book review

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jesseco

Thanks and my book review

Post by Jesseco » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:06 pm

THANK YOU for this book (and web site, which I found through reading the book)! Here is my Amazon review, which will hopefully be posted in the next 2 days (per Amazon):

"This is how your review will appear:

5.0 out of 5 stars Literal answer to prayer, March 24, 2008
By Jesseco "JS" (MD) - See all my reviews
This book is a literal answer to prayer. I had been taking an online Christian course which teaches, among other things, that overeating is a sin and that we can turn to God for the needs that we are trying to meet through bad eating habits. The writer of that course uses an eating plan to help him, but his plan wasn't helping me. I did not want to write down what I was going to eat EVER AGAIN; I'd already had years of that and other food obsessions ranging from bingeing to anorexic behaviors. So I was praying for an easy, sensible plan (several food rules) (the night before I found it).

I wasn't even planning to be in the bookstore, but there I was, killing time with my son and his fiancee while we were waiting for our turn to visit a tourist attraction. And there was the book! I usually never buy from a bookstore unless I've read it from the library first and know that I want it. No so with this book. I snapped it up; read it that day and started on the diet the next day, even though it was an S day and I was afraid I'd binge. But I didn't. I am so excited about this plan with the EASY-TO-FOLLOW SENSIBLE rules that are compatible with my religious beliefs. Today is my first N day and I THANK the authors with all my heart!!!!!!

Your Tags: diet, moderation, healthy eating, weight management
"

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:34 pm

Jesseco,

Thank you, Jesseco! I hugely appreciate this -- and I'm so happy to hear the book resonated so deeply with you.

Best of luck incorporating no-s into your life and looking forward to hearing more from you,

Reinahrd