HabitCal

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

swimfit

HabitCal

Post by swimfit » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:16 am

New here ------ about 2 weeks down. I have been using HabitCal and, sad as this may sound, it is helping me to get rigoursly honest. I could keep playing head games with my eating but what good does that do? it sure in the heck doesn't help me change, and I have played head games WAY TOO LONG with my eating habits / trying to lose weight. I don't like having to put up a red square, but for me to even be able to be honest with myself and put it up there, is progress!

NoelFigart

Re: HabitCal

Post by NoelFigart » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:32 am

swimfit wrote:New here ------ about 2 weeks down. I have been using HabitCal and, sad as this may sound, it is helping me to get rigoursly honest.
It's not pathetic.

Tell you what, using that for the Glass Ceiling what exactly what I needed to get my drinking under control.

It helped form the habit so solid I don't really even have to give it any thought. On days I choose to drink (which isn't every day, just cause... well don't feel like it) I have one or two and I'm all good.

It's not pathetic. It's simple, big and obvious, which is why it works so very well!

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:08 am

I don't think it sounds sad.

I think it sounds like incredible progress.

Good for you.

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:34 pm

I'll tell you what sad is. Sad is that we are how old? And it took us how long to finally realize that all the denial and head games have done nothing but keep us overweight and crazy? Now that's sad.

I'd love to jump on the scale tomorrow and see a 20 pound loss, but I know that getting my head together first has to happen and the rest will fall into place and it may take a while - a long while for that to happen. But to never have to obsess again makes it so worth the wait.

I think the Habitcal is great too. I also think that following this plan as strictly as you possibly can is very important. The less gray area, the better and soon you will be on autopilot. Anytime I start thinking about making an adjustment, I stop and ask myself if this is just another head game, or is this something I really need to do in order to stay on the No-S plan.
Dawn