Question about Shovelglove

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

xJocelynx87

Question about Shovelglove

Post by xJocelynx87 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:56 am

I suppose this question belongs on a different board, but I'm almost positive the General Discussion board gets the most views, so I'll post it here.

I've been working out fairly consistently for the past 2 years. I don't think I've gone an entire week without exercising (usually running) at least once. Like Reinhard, I woke up the other day and found myself disgusted at the thought of spending another boring hour at the gym on the treadmill.

Answer? Easy. Shovelglove. I'm in college, and I go to Rutgers (for those of you that aren't familiar, it's the state school in New Jersey, and the campus is HUGE) so needless to say I do plenty of Urban Rangering, but I hate lifting weights so I'd really like to give shovelglove a shot, even though it's going to be difficult for me to afford a sledgehammer at the moment.

What's my question? Well, since I won't be able to buy another one for awhile (when I'm home for the summer making money) I want to make sure I get the right size. I'm pretty sure I should start with either the 6lb or the 8lb, but I'm not sure. I'm about 5'8 and fairly solid. If any of you have an answer or suggestion, especially the women shovelglovers, I would greatly appreciate your advice or personal experience. Thanks so much!

Jocelyn

franxious

Post by franxious » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:06 pm

Hi,

I'm guessing the 8-lb would be better for you. I am basing this on my own experience; I have worked our regularly and consistently for many years. Before I started SG, my workout included pushups and 10-lb dumbells, and I actually meant to get a 10-lb sledge, but (due to a boring, not particularly germaine set of occurrences) ended up with an 8-lb. I've been wondering whether that's too light, to tell you the truth. I'm not going to change it quite yet, but the 6-lb would definitely not be heavy enough for me.

I am 5-4.5.

If you can find a store that has both (would probably be a good, neighborhood hardware store rather than the big box stores), you could just try them out. (Yes, you might look silly, but who cares?). At the very least, any store is going to have a 10-lber, and you could see whether it feels way too heavy, slightly too heavy, or just right.

Hope this helps!

Lisa