Third time is the charm?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

scottwblack

Third time is the charm?

Post by scottwblack » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:08 pm

I found No S sometime in 2005 and attempted to do it "by the book" in 2006 after relocating to Austin, TX due to Hurricane Katrina, but a number of factors - the main one being an ever-present depression - kept me from being successful. Now I believe that I am ready to buckle done and get this thing done with the help of this board and the new book. :-)

Bumpkyns

Post by Bumpkyns » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:42 pm

I'm new to this, have yet to do it "correctly" or in whatever way works best for me... therefore almost feel as if I have nothing to offer... but first of all, congrats on surviving HK, and let me just tell you... you had/have every right in the world to be depressed, particularly if you lost everything and had to start all over again... however, you DID IT! You survived, you relocated, you began anew.... and that takes strength and decication... and you had a LOT going on and a lot to deal with. That would make it hard even for a diehard to follow any sort of routine or dedication when it comes to eating. The good news, you now recognize and acknowledge it, and are hopefully more settled in with your new life... so maybe now is the time you have less distractions from other very important areas of your life, and can put more concentration into this. So GO FOR IT... you have what it takes. It appears you're ready for success...
Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

maslowjenkins

Post by maslowjenkins » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:22 pm

I'm on my third attempt. I was very successful on my previous times, but things happen and I deviated. It was very easy for me to get back on this time, once I made the commitment to do it. Hopefully, you will feel the same way.
GL!
carrie

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:01 am

I admire you for your courage, strength and perseverence for getting through HK!

I've been nosing for 15months, more or less, I've fallen off- sometimes for weeks at a time but always come back to it and find it easier and easier.

Post often, it helps me to post at least once in the morning and once at night to keep the idea of healthy habits fresh in my mind!

:)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18