Read The Book?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

blueskighs

Read The Book?

Post by blueskighs » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:33 pm

Hi, I was just wondering? I read the book on Monday and had never heard of this website before I read the book.

When I first read the diet on the cover I was a bit skeptical. But when I was finished with the book all of the bases had been covered so thoroughly covered it didn't make sense to not eat this way :D

Any body out there who has read the book who started with the website first?

I was just wondering if reading the book makes the CLICK factor stronger?

Nay

Post by Nay » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:47 pm

I read the website before I got the book. I was led to no S by his associated shovelglove website and the urban rangering website. I have lurked for a while (about 6 months) before I started following no S this past week. I am amazed at how easy, intuitive, and natural it feels. Try it!

lindalou

started diet before getting book

Post by lindalou » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:41 pm

Yes I started the diet from the web I am still waiting for the book I have been on it for a week so far so good
Glad you join us good luck

kccc

Post by kccc » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:47 pm

A lot of us where here first. See this thread: http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2703

I will admit I bought the book mostly out of a sense of "payback"... but have been glad I did.

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:55 pm

I was registered here first and then I bought the book.
And even before that, I lurked for a while before registering/deciding to give NoS a go.
I bought the book to help, you know, sales, spreading the word, etc. and because I had a couple of questions, which were answered in the book.

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:26 am

I used the website up until a couple weeks ago when I got the book. Been noSing 15 months now and lost 22lbs so far :) So although the website is adequate, the book has much more info in it to help you understand, as well as sited studies, etc.

:) Plus I wanted to support Reinhard for making an enormous difference in my life/!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

stevecooper

Post by stevecooper » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:49 am

Another web-first here.

There's a whole body of stuff building up -- the nos website, the forum, the podcasts, habitcal, the book... it's good to have different ways in.

The forum deserves a special mention, though -- being able to chat about the diet is invaluable. Particularly, people coming from other diets get nervous about the simplicity, and tend to want to complicate things, or they get nervous about the amount they eat on their first few S-days and wonder if they're doing ok. Posting and asking for clarifications and suggestions is a great way to augment the book.

Steve.

PS: Habitcal (linked at the top of this page) is also great as a habit-builder.

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:20 am

I have been a web-noser for about 2 1/2 years and I bought the book to support Reinhard.

The web has all the relevant info, but I love having the book where I can highlight the sections that pop for me and I can carry it with me - it lives in my work basket.

I found that reading the book a couple of things clicked more solidly in my stuborn brain (mainly the habits are the most important issue).
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:33 pm

I found that reading the book a couple of things clicked more solidly in my stuborn brain (mainly the habits are the most important issue).
MerryKat,

that was kind of what I was wondering. When I read the diet on the cover of the book I thought this does kind of make sense ... but how could it possibly work?

But when I finished the book I was like WOW it really doesn't even make sense to not eat this way.

I have been browsing a lot of old threads. I was just wondering if maybe the book ... helps make the underlying whys and structure click more ... it has just been really straightforward and easy to follow from reading the book

and like you pointed out the whole habit thing is fundamental.
I have to admit SINCE I read the book I have not read all the written stuff on the website but I have listened to quite a few podcasts ...

blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey