A New Fan

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

fkwan

A New Fan

Post by fkwan » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:48 pm

I think Reinhard has just replaced Hugh ("House") Laurie as my Desert Island Guy. He may be the last sensible man in America other than my husband the unemployed engineer. :lol:

I don't drive, so I've been an Urban Ranger by default for about 40 years.

I have 17 pounds to lose and am trying an almost vegan variety of the no S diet. I think he should add a final S: no food after Six or Seven O'Clock at Night. Eating late is one of my big downfalls.

I already lift weights three times a week (MWF), so am slowly working up to adding Tuesday and Thursday Shovelglove. My problem is that I can't wake up early. I may have to do it when I get home.

Everyday Systems will save the world!!!!!!

Even though they're not "habits", I'd love to see some kind of future design standardization for clothing (functional, durable, comfortable, attractive on both guys and girls) traveling (what to pack), and interior design/ furnishing of one of those itty-bitty teeny houses the size of sheds that all of us may end up living in, or worse, a tent.

Admiringly,

f

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:43 pm

Reinhard has come along and saved (my) world! He's changed my attitude about food, helped me understand my emotional {eating} and I've also taken his sustainable vs. perfection mantra with me and applied it to so many things in life.

Here's this one guy, who unknowingly writes a page or two on the internet and it's information, heck, we should ALL know it, because it's just darn sensible!

Look out, I"m about to go all "teenager" for a minute: It's Like DUH!"

LOL

I agree with your post :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jamiebf

Read the Woman's World today

Post by Jamiebf » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:00 pm

Read my Womens World today and saw the NoS plan. I was interested enough to go to the web site. I lost 38 pounds last summer on a very restricktive plan and have gained back 12 pounds. So I think I will give this a try. I enjoyed reading about the plan on line. So after being on every diet the world has to offer I will try this plan because it seems click with me. We'll see.

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:40 pm

Jamie, what issue of Women's World was it--NoS on the cover?

3aday

Post by 3aday » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:18 am

Reinhard's development of No S and all his other common sense yet brilliant approaches to life has helped me take the focus off food and dieting and has given me the ability and time to focus on more important things in my life.

I eat at mealtimes and snack on "life" in between. My dessert is spending time being grateful for all that I have. That is sweeter than any piece of chocolaty goodness (that I can still eat on S days of course!).

He rocks!

His purpose in life gives me time to figure out what my purpose is!

wosnes

Re: A New Fan

Post by wosnes » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:21 am

fkwan wrote:.I think he should add a final S: no food after Six or Seven O'Clock at Night. Eating late is one of my big downfalls.
I think that one is just another of the diet fallacies. There are reasons not to eat a big meal late, but there's no problem with a lighter meal.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

stevecooper

Post by stevecooper » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:02 am

I'm with fkwan -- eating after dinner was where I got most of my unnecessary calories. Also, if you eat late you go to bed full. I think the max is to go to bed juuust before you get hungry.

TheMadLady

Post by TheMadLady » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:37 am

Blondie wrote:Jamie, what issue of Women's World was it--NoS on the cover?
I discovered this diet in the April 14, 2008 Woman's World issue!

I find this diet very interesting ... I have been following the Sugar Busters Diet for over a year, and have been falling off the wagon since Thanksgiving ... I think what I've been doing is "allowing" myself something with sugar "just this once". With No S, I think I'll be able to better control myself ... time will tell, b/c I'm definitely going to give this a shot beginning tomorrow (Monday). :D

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:30 am

TheMadLady,

welcome. I have been on the diet for two weeks and it has changed my life .... my relationship with food.

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Nossuzy

Post by Nossuzy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:15 am

I am also starting tomorrow, and I hope that I can say the same thing about this changing my life in 2 weeks!!!!

I am a dietaholic, I am either on some restrictive diet, or falling off and bingeing.

Tried a Woman's World featured diet last summer, "Kimkins", that was soooo restrictive so I lost a lot but unevitably gained it all back when I started eating "normal" again.

This is it for me!!! I pray, pray this is the answer as I am at my wit's end and depressed over my dieting failures as of late.
"Whew, glad I knew about beets. They would have killed me for sure."

Buffalo Gal

Day 1

Post by Buffalo Gal » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:24 pm

I am starting today! Read the book and it feels like it was written for me. Any advise for beginners is welcomed.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:07 pm

Nossuzy
I am a dietaholic, I am either on some restrictive diet, or falling off and bingeing.
I can relate completely! and welcome!

Buffalo Gal

I think reading the book pretty much in one afternoon and evening really helped with the CLICK factor.

By the time I put the book down it pretty much did not make sense to NOT eat this way. I think part of it is making a decision. Like this morning...

I do not particularly like Mondays. Weekends are just so darn fun.

So today it was like

gee I am really grumpy and don't want to do such and such
wouldn't it be nice to have a drinky thing
oops! its an N day
not today dear ... what is that next thing on your TO DO list?

am I the only one that talks to myself?
:lol:

Anyway, Reinhard says our appetites are like animals that need to be trained ... I think mine is like a toddler ... it will just keep pressing until it gets a firm no!!! No S gives me the structure and confidence to say that loving and firm "no"

Welcome, Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey