Crawling back with my proverbial tail between my legs

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

lmt2pt

Post by lmt2pt » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:13 pm

I posted a couple weeks ago about being pregnant. Good friday brought on a miscarriage. Despite knowing better I slid so far into emotional eating that I forgot what hunger felt like. Then my pants stopped fitting comfortably.

Last night my husband pulled up the website and called me into the office. He pointed at the screen and said "Tomorrow, no excuses". So I'm back, shamefully admiting that I had left.

Oddly enough I find great comfort in no S.
Heather

NoelFigart

Re: Crawling back with my proverbial tail between my legs

Post by NoelFigart » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:22 pm

lmt2pt wrote:I posted a couple weeks ago about being pregnant. Good friday brought on a miscarriage. Despite knowing better I slid so far into emotional eating that I forgot what hunger felt like. Then my pants stopped fitting comfortably.

Last night my husband pulled up the website and called me into the office. He pointed at the screen and said "Tomorrow, no excuses". So I'm back, shamefully admiting that I had left.

Oh, don't be so hard on yourself. A miscarriage is rough on you in a lot of ways.

Yes yes yes, go back to eating properly. It'll help your body heal to feed it right, but don't beat yourself up. You've been through enough.

paulrone

Post by paulrone » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:27 pm

Welcome back.
-Sometimes Fundamentalist and self-appointed King of the S-day Moderates
"As it is (sometimes) written, so let it (sometimes) be done."

funfuture

Post by funfuture » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:29 pm

Heather, I'm so sorry you lost the baby. A miscarriage can be just devastating. I'm sending you huge hugs.

kotcherd

Post by kotcherd » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:55 pm

Heather, take good care of yourself! You need to take it easy and recover.

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:00 pm

Welcome back... and sincerest sympathy for the reason.

Be very kind to yourself right now - a miscarriage is generally rough on your body, and the hormonal surges make the associated emotions even more intense.

Wishing you well.

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:58 pm

I'm so, so sorry to hear your news.

Take good care of yourself and your husband.

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:26 pm

Truly sorry for you and your family. At times like this our eating, our weight and all the other reasons we "diet" seem so insignificant. But you are right about finding comfort in the No-S. I too find comfort in routine, it helps keep you grounded and calm. I would never in a million years compare what you are going to other things that life tosses your way. But it's always going to be something. From your extreme end of the spectrum to, just a bad day at work. I think getting back into the No-S will be good for you in many ways.

Also No-S is a super healthy way of life and you want to be good and healthy for the next time!
Dawn

Jesseco

Post by Jesseco » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:21 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Bumpkyns

Post by Bumpkyns » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:15 pm

Having experienced this journey myself, I can totally understand what you're going thru and I'm truly sorry. Please use the NoS way of life to relax your mind and take care of yourself. Food is the last thing you need to worry about as you recover emotionally. This should take one more stress factor away from you. Take care...
Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

3aday

Post by 3aday » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:10 pm

Oh, I am so sorry for you and how you must be feeling.
This is a very difficult time for you.
I know, I have been there.
Not to sound cliche, but time does heal all wounds and in time, the pain and sadness will diminish.
Be gentle with yourself, don't be ashamed that you stopped No S for awhile.
Things happens and life can be so tough.
The fact that you are back and posting is just a small inkling of how strong you are and you will get through this.
My thoughts are with you and I send you a big hug.
Just take it one day at a time.
Our emotions will take us through crazy ups and downs but routines can help get you through the roller coaster called life a little easier.

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:45 am

I'm sorry to hear about the miscarriage :( ((((hugs))))

Come on back, get posting, you can do it :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

roseha

Post by roseha » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:43 am

So so sorry. Don't be hard on yourself at a time like this. Welcome back.

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:20 am

((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS for you and your hubby))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Take the time to heal and grieve. I have to congratulate your hubby for pointing you back to No S.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

2poodles

Post by 2poodles » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:03 pm

So sorry to hear about your loss... :cry:

Welcome back, but please be gentle with yourself. Don't demand perfection. Do the best you can, but focus on healing right now. Use no s to provide a guideline and structure and use these boards to vent if necessary. We're here for you.
2poodles

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:55 pm

I'm very, very sorry to hear this. Please be easy on yourself. You've had it hard enough.

Reinhard

Nichole

Re: Crawling back with my proverbial tail between my legs

Post by Nichole » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:23 pm

lmt2pt wrote:I posted a couple weeks ago about being pregnant. Good friday brought on a miscarriage. Despite knowing better I slid so far into emotional eating that I forgot what hunger felt like. Then my pants stopped fitting comfortably.

Sorry to hear about your loss! I'm new here, but remember to take it easy. Take long walks for your stress...
Last edited by Nichole on Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jamiebf

Take it easy

Post by Jamiebf » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:00 am

I am sorry to hear of your loss. I am new here but feel so much love and support. Take it easy on yourself and lots of prayers go out to you and your family.