Three amazing phenomena...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

fkwan

Three amazing phenomena...

Post by fkwan » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:46 pm

...noted on day 3 (today, an N day)

I could not finish my food. My little apple sat there and shrieked so much sweetness at me that I could not respond. Also I was full from a fairly normal bowl (well normal for me, Ziploc 3 cup) of potatoes, zucchini, tomatoes and lentils.

My boss yelled that my favorite work dessert, bread pudding, had arrived in the cafeteria.

For the first time in my life I didn't care. I experienced a similar phenomenon when I gave up meat, but I didn't like meat all that much to begin with. This is like giving up drugs. I was unable to do this for almost
forty years of my life before today.

I am amazed.

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:20 pm

It is amazing isn't it?

This mornign I walked through the aisle in walmart that has all the little boxed snack cakes and bulk packages of candy bars. That sweet smell I used to adore, now made me kind of sick. And I hurried out of that aisle as I thought most of that stuff looked mostly yucky!!

It's a great thing, isn't it!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

3aday

Post by 3aday » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:28 am

That's great!
It will only get better!

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:33 am

LOL-isn't it great? It's amazing how my sweet tooth has seriously reduced since starting nos-and how much less food it takes to fill me up than I previously thought :D

You've got a great start-and 3aday's right-it just keeps getting better 8)
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:55 pm

Today is my first S day and I got up and....didn't want to eat a damned thing.

Truly amazing.

f

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:52 pm

LOL! One day you are going to wake up on a Monday and be like "Omigod" I didn't have anything special for my S days!
That happened once to me. I forgot to eat a sweet! I was devastated when I woke up that Monday morning! And secretly thrilled because that hadn't happened in decades.

It really is only going to get better as each week progresses!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:52 pm

3aday wrote:LOL! One day you are going to wake up on a Monday and be like "Omigod" I didn't have anything special for my S days!
That happened once to me. I forgot to eat a sweet! I was devastated when I woke up that Monday morning! And secretly thrilled because that hadn't happened in decades.

That's happened to me, too. Or, I've gone out to dinner for a special occasion and not wanted dessert. What? What a shocker!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:35 pm

Omigosh! That has happened too and I forgot.
I have gone to a fondue restaurant and I have told my husband "I am definitely getting the chocolate fondue"....only to be too full to even consider it.
:cry:

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:46 pm

Today is my first S day and I got up and....didn't want to eat a damned thing.
Isn't the power of NO S profound!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:35 pm

3aday wrote:LOL! One day you are going to wake up on a Monday and be like "Omigod" I didn't have anything special for my S days!

Hahaha, awsome!, I can't wait for that to happen to me!.

I'm personally amazed at how time flies in between meals now and how hanging around the kitchen pantry is apparently a thing of the past, I don't even think of snacks any longer.