I have the magazine!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

wosnes

I have the magazine!

Post by wosnes » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:22 am

Great cover photo and article!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:45 am

Woo-hoo!

I actually saw it on the newstand, but didn't get it. I did see the cover photo - awesome!

3aday

Post by 3aday » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:27 am

I have to have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see it.

The book, the magazine...hopefully Oprah will be next! :D

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:13 pm

I was emailed a scanned image last night and just got my own physical copy today.

The publisher gave me permission to put up a jpeg of the cover. I stuck a link at the bottom of this discussion:

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2660

(I have a few nits with some of the wording, but Mandy looks great, and on balance I'm thrilled)

Reinhard

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:19 pm

(I have a few nits with some of the wording
Ditto.

lmt2pt

Post by lmt2pt » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:41 pm

I got it this afternoon on the way home from work. I agree with the wording but Mandy and Kathleen look fantastic.
Heather

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:45 am

You look amazingly gorgeous!

sandooch

Post by sandooch » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:46 am

New here and found this site because of Woman's World magazine. Could someone tell me what you disliked about the wording on the cover?

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:24 pm

I got it too! I read you're from Philly, Blondie! Well, I picked mine up in the Hatboro ACME. Hello, neighbor!

I didn't find out about this diet through the mag, though. I found out through Slate.com's comments on an article about cutting ALL sugar from your diet: http://fray.slate.com/discuss/forums/th ... ID=2187878 . And now that I'm looking at it, I realize that it was REINHARD who left the response! I was at work. I didn't realize he wrote "i came up with" . . my eyes skipped right over that.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:31 pm

sandooch wrote:New here and found this site because of Woman's World magazine. Could someone tell me what you disliked about the wording on the cover?
I don't want to speak for Reinhard, but I think it was wording in the actual article, not so much on the cover. I noticed a few things that didn't seem to ring true to what I know of No-S. Still a great article overall.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

sandooch

Post by sandooch » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:12 pm

wosnes wrote:
sandooch wrote:New here and found this site because of Woman's World magazine. Could someone tell me what you disliked about the wording on the cover?
I don't want to speak for Reinhard, but I think it was wording in the actual article, not so much on the cover. I noticed a few things that didn't seem to ring true to what I know of No-S. Still a great article overall.
Thanks for answering this for me. I've had a couple articles published in WW magazine and had the same problem with them "rearranging" my words. I still think it's a great magazine.

I guess I will have to go out today and get the book so that I can get the scoop straight from the horse's mouth. No offense Reinhard. :wink: