ooops another question

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

eizzo

ooops another question

Post by eizzo » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:00 pm

I go out socially most weekends, now I am not a huge drinker but I do drink are you allowed alchol on this plan? One of the reasons I was joining WW is that for 2 points you can have vodka... LOL

lmt2pt

Post by lmt2pt » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:41 pm

I view drinks the same way I view food. If I consider it sweet (ie: mudslide) I only have it on S days. If I don't consider it sweet (ie: wine) I may also have it on N days.

Keep it simple, it sets you up the best for success.

That said, you may want to lurk around the website for Glass Ceiling. After all, alcohol does contain calories and is easy to over indulge on.
Heather

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:04 am

Yes, you are allowed alcohol. There's no particular rule about it that's intrinsic to the No S Diet system, but I (and others here) follow a two (alcoholic) drink a day "glass ceiling." (Depending on your body size, you might want to limit it to one.)

The idea is that a drink or two a day is actually quite healthy (and certainly enjoyable). As for the calories, well, in traditionally thin societies it was very typical to drink like this. I wouldn't worry about it.

More than than two drinks, however, quickly becomes dangerous -- and calories are the least of it. "Glass ceiling" is more about controlling problem drinking than restricting calories.

Reinhard

eizzo

Thanks

Post by eizzo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:13 am

I dont even drink that much a day but on the weekends I do enjoy a applitini or two. Again thanks for the welcome and the advice. I start today.