brand new

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

cornelia

brand new

Post by cornelia » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:13 pm

I read about the No S diet in the Woman's Day magazine and fell in love. I am 64 years old and have been on EVERY diet that came along. Most of them work, but I get tired of the hassel. I am at a place in my life where even tho I am 20 pounds overweight, I don't care as much as I did 15 years ago, so it's hard to stay on a diet that deprives me of something I like and therefore keeps me from enjoying life. I want to go out to eat without the fuss. I want to live and work day to day without the fuss. I can't count the times I have said, "well, I blew it! I'll just start again on Monday". I'm not in any big hurry to get the weight off, but I don't want to gain any either, so this way of eating sounds perfect for the way I live. I started today and so far am quite content. The test will be at 8:00 this evening when I want to eat a snack. Making it even harder is the fact that I'm from Kansas and KU is in the final 2. Big game tonight. I 'm happy to have people to share with also. Thank you for sharing.

tgp157

Post by tgp157 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:20 pm

Welcome Cornelia--pretty name.

I'm new too. I started last Thursday while I was still reading the book. Bought it Wednesday & finished it Thursday afternoon. I'm like you, I don't want to fuss over food anymore. I think this is the best plan ever thought of. I've done just about everything, too. I've been successful a couple of times with WeightWatchers & a high protein/low carb plan (at separate times of course). I lost 50 lb each time but life got in the way & now I have at least 90 to lose :oops: . I want to lose it all one last time & keep it off so I needed something that made sense for the longhaul & this is it. I figure it may take a while but as long as I'm alive what do I have to lose but weight anyway (and I'll probably save a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$). Reinhard is right when he says that these other plans do work but they get tedious. That's what happened with WW--I got tired of journaling & counting points & low point foods. But by then I was used to eating a lot of low point snacks that no longer appealed to me but I had to have snacks so high point ones came into play--along with all my lost weight plus about 40 more.

I think this plan makes allowance for life to get in the way. Since you're eating normal food at 3 meals a day--no matter what's going on in life, you can continue to eat normal food 3 meals a day.

Good luck to you & I look forward to sharing this journey with you.
Pam
A Success Story in the Making
NoS-ing since 6/1/09

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:13 pm

Cornelia and tgp157,

I am excited about NO S because I am pretty sure it is going to help me get on with my life.

SO far it has been working well for two weeks,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

sweetsong32

Post by sweetsong32 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:05 pm

Welcome Cornelia!
I too am a newbie; read about it in WW.
I have a bit more to lose than you...but am just as excited about this eating plan. It is something that I think I can do.
Good luck!
Looking forward to hearing about your progress :=)

Jamiebf

Hi all

Post by Jamiebf » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:49 am

I too am a WW reader and found this plan and love it. I am starting week two. Did great first week but struggle with the evil scale. I need to loose 30 and I am tring to believe I am not in a hurry but old habits die hard. This site is a great help. Good luck to you, you can do it!!

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:24 am

Welcome to all you wonderful new folk. It is great to have all the new enthusiasm you guys bring.

I hope you are all doing well and remember this plan is about learning new habits, so take your time and enjoy the journey (this is an important reminder to me as well).
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

cornelia

Post by cornelia » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:25 pm

I found this w-o-e five days ago and have yet to really get started. I have been on every diet that came down the pike and they all have had page after page of rules and calculations. Everytime I tried a new diet, I would literally spend hours pouring over diet book just to understand the basics. Now, I can't seem to get past all of that "knowledge". I still find myself "counting" and over-thinking every meal, which defeats the purpose of this diet being "simple" to follow. I told my granddaughter about the woe, and she was delighted to think she didn't have to think to do this. She has never been on a diet in all of her 24 years and so has no excess baggage to dispose of. I do notice in many of the group messages that there are a lot of people who are changing it here and there, thus, I think, confusing it for the newbys. I have ordered the book just because I felt guilty about all this free info, but now I think I really need to read it for clarification. I love all of this support.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:22 am

but now I think I really need to read it for clarification
Cornelia, I read the book before I ever came to the forums so that is the only experience I can speak to... but reading the book was a huge factore for me in being able to understand why I am not snacking and why I am having S days :)

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey