Need a buddy

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jamiebf

Need a buddy

Post by Jamiebf » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:29 am

Love this site, It will be on day 7 tomorrow. I am 48 and need to loose 30 pounds. I asked my husband to hide the scales from me because I become obsessed with them. I have been on every diet out there and want to make this a way of life. I have done great so far. I work out at least 4 days a week walking and toning. Is there anyone out there that is where I am on this journey. I really just want to feel healthy and fit into my size 10 pants. Thanks!!

anniecbee

Post by anniecbee » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:35 pm

Oh, yes! I'm 49, and would love to lose 30 pounds. I've gained all of it in the last 2 years. :D
Annie

Jamiebf

Where's my buddy

Post by Jamiebf » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:56 pm

Hey out there, I have had 97 people read this and no one wants to be my support buddy? I guess everyone on the site is a support buddy, so that is a blessing. I thought it would be great to check in with some one each day. Today is day 8 for me and I am looking forward to another great day. Have a great one everyone!!

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:03 pm

anniecbee! anniecbee! She answered you!!

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:19 pm

Jamie, the whole forum is your support buddy! :)

Nossuzy

Post by Nossuzy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:36 pm

hey jamiebf, I will be your support buddy. I have 20 pounds I want to lose and I am realizing this doesn't have to be a race, just a way of life..

I am also going to try to stay away from the scales until day 21... I just don't want to be a slave to the scales and feel like quitting when I don't see immediate results..

So far I am finding this sooo easy and enjoyable!!
"Whew, glad I knew about beets. They would have killed me for sure."

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:41 pm

Nossuzy wrote: I am also going to try to stay away from the scales until day 21... I just don't want to be a slave to the scales and feel like quitting when I don't see immediate results..
That's a good idea!
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

Jamiebf

Hey thanks everyone

Post by Jamiebf » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:49 pm

Thanks guys, I appriciate all the responce. I agree this site is a support buddy in its self. Thanks!!

Buffalo Gal

Need a Buddy

Post by Buffalo Gal » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:05 pm

Jamiebf

Just started this acouple of days ago and cannot believe no one ever thought of this before!

Not sure what a buddy does but I probably need one too! We are about the same age (I'm 50) and live very close to one another (Elmira-Buffalo).

I've decided to weigh in once a month and keep the HabitCal.

Biggest problem for me...late night snacking. I'm not even hungery...it's just habit.

Buffalo Gal