what about diet sodas?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ladyhawk

what about diet sodas?

Post by ladyhawk » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:14 am

Are diet sodas allow on your no s diet plan? I'm am a little confused on that part. :roll:

jules

Post by jules » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:29 am

Just ask yourself three questions about diet soda:

1. Is it a snack?

2. Is it a "seconds"?

3. Is it a sweet?

I'd say a resounding NO on all three. While it is best to drink water -- again thinking about what our ancestors drank -- a diet soda is much better than say one of those super-sugared coffees you can buy at Starbucks.

I've heard some people say that diet soda is evil b/c it makes you crave sweets. I think that's one of the most absurd things I've ever heard. lol.

I personally am using Reinhard's glass ceiling approach to my diet soda drinking. Primarily b/c it's very expensive where I live, and it does, indeed, have a lot of strange sounding chemicals in it. But maybe my real primary reason is that I'm a bit of a caffeine addict and I need to cut down. :twisted:

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:44 am

It's allowed.

Though I personally am not crazy about the stuff:

http://nosdiet.com/#fake_sugar

You may find, after a few weeks of No-essing, that you no longer want it. Real sweets on weekends are so much better than the fake kind.

Reinhard

ladyhawk

Post by ladyhawk » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:52 am

Thanks for all the good info. I never drink anything that has real sugar in it, I don't like the taste. I have been drinking diet pepsi for about 3 years now.and sugarfree kool-aid. My main problem with sugary foods is CHOCOLATE, my husband is a chocolate nut. I try to stay away but he has it everywhere in the house. I haven't started the no s-diet yet. I am going to try it. I read about it in Woman's world mag.

Nossuzy

Post by Nossuzy » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:04 am

I am a diet soda aholic and that is one thing I am not going to try to change right now. I am trying to drink more water, but I figure just changing my diet right now is enough...

Plus, for the first time in my life, I am actually NOT craving sweets!!!????

I can't figure out if its because I am eating satisfying, delicious meals and so I just don't need it or because I am not thinking about the calories, points, carbs, etc in what I am eating... ?

Before I could hardly make it through 1/2 a day without starting in on the chocolate and sweets. I am not even thinking about it now. :D
"Whew, glad I knew about beets. They would have killed me for sure."

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:16 am

Plus, for the first time in my life, I am actually NOT craving sweets!!!????

I can't figure out if its because I am eating satisfying, delicious meals and so I just don't need it or because I am not thinking about the calories, points, carbs, etc in what I am eating... ?

Before I could hardly make it through 1/2 a day without starting in on the chocolate and sweets. I am not even thinking about it now.
Nossuzy,

kind of mystifying huh? I can't quite figure it out myself... but hey ... it's working :D
and love your tag ... that is really funny!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

TingTing

Post by TingTing » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:27 am

I think diet sodas are okay. When I am craving something sweet, I have a diet soda and it usually helps me break the craving. Personally, I try not to drink diet sodas all day, I know they are not good for me. I just drink one can or bottle and I'm okay for the rest of the day.

Diet sodas are still better than regular soda concerning sugar and all. I think it has helped me maintain my weight.