results?!?!?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Brandy_S

results?!?!?

Post by Brandy_S » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:34 am

can you guys give me some feed back as to when you began seeing results i've only started this diet today, so i'm just wondering cuz i kinda want to see the results ASAP.
*~*3 kisses 2 hugs 1 love*~*

jules

Post by jules » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:45 am

If by results you mean "how long did it take for your habits to change?", then it will be roughly 1 day to 3 weeks. And sometimes multiple tries.

If you're talking about how long did it take before you lost weight? You're asking the wrong question.

i kinda want to see the results ASAP.

This makes me think you want to know how long before the scale dropped. Wow! There is no quick fix to weight loss. It took most of us a long time to get overweight -- particularly those of us who have more than 50 pounds to lose. It takes time to get it off -- even those of us who have 10 pounds to lose.

Long-term, sustainable weight loss, takes time.

jules

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:22 am

I'm eating this way and working out and I've been doing it since the 15th of march, and kinda doing it since the 14th of february.
Today, I hopped on the scale, the number hadn't budged BUT! later on, I put on my parka and zipped it to go out somewhere, the parka fits noticeably looser than a couple of weeks ago around my legs and my hips.
Surely, next month I'll be able to fit better into pants that right now create an unflattering "muffin top", next year and the one after and the rest of my life, I'll be at least a couple of sizes slimmer.
Those are the kind of results you'll see, as someone here said, it's a race, not a sprint.
Patience, grasshoper, patience!.

bonnieUK

Post by bonnieUK » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:44 am

I'd say ignore the scales and just focus on how you feel, how your clothes fit and how you look in the mirror.

For me, the habit started to stick after a week, but within 3 days I felt better in my clothes purely from being less bloated. But for me, the benefits of doing No S are more than just weight loss, I've also experienced better digestion and higher (and more consistent) energy levels, the weight loss I started noticing after the first month was just a bonus!

I've been doing No S for a about 5 months, and recently found that my bras no longer fit (typical, it would have to go from there! :x )

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:34 am

I know it's not what you want to hear ( I love a good success story, too-try the Testimonials page for some great ones!), but everyone who's responded is right. This isn't a fast weight-loss plan, but it *is* sustainable! And pleasant, to boot. Just stick with it, and you will feel better, and before you know it, you're clothes will be looser and you will feel SO good.

Bonnie, I feel your pain-lol-that's what happened to me too!! And my ankles :roll: 8) :lol: hehe, but hey it's gotta start somewhere!

Good luck, Brandy_S- I am sure you'll like it here!
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

bonnieUK

Post by bonnieUK » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:11 am

I recently read that the last place your body adds fat to is usually the first place where it comes off, so it's typical really, that is the last place my body adds any fat and the first to shed it like there's no tomorrow :lol:

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:29 pm

Hi Brandy.

Focus on how you FEEL after doing NoS for a little while.

To me, feeling lighter and not bloated is worth it.

It took me about 6 months to lose 10 pounds, but I wasn't very overweight. I know it sounds cheesy, but "slow and steady" does win the race.

:D